Ford GT

Kurt B.

Guest Harris92
If I had to cough up dough for it and if one was not given to me, I would just buy an 06 ZO6 and save my money. Buying a Ford for that much money just seems kind of crazy. If I have to have one, I would take an original GT40 for that kind of loot. ;)

Originally posted by The Dude:

GAG....

I would own a lesser ferrari or lamborghini anyday of the week..

+2. Not that I don't like the GT, I think it is pimp as hell. I just think they priced it out of its league. A 100k MSRP would have made it a hot seller in the lower-end exotic market.

At its supposed-to-list price of $134k, or even at $150k, or even at $200k it crushes all comers. Its not out of its league, its busting the nuts off everything IN its league. Just like last time - when none of you were born yet.

The dealer markup is sleazy. Not surprising though.

Just got done reading an Automobile article where they did a 4-way comparo of the true 200mph cars for sale in the USA. In a nutshell, passerbys walked past the Mercedes SLR McLaren, past the Porsche GT, past the Lambo Murcielago, to go muscle a look at the GT. And these are 1/2million dollar cars. They ended up calling it the one car that could make the dead get up and walk the earth.

So, seeing as how nobody here has driven any one of these cars, I'm going to call you all out and say none of you know what the nut you're talking about. You're all (me too) about as much qualified to utter the phrase "its only a Ford" and thumb it down at $200k or whatever pricepoint its at other than its $134k list, as knowing how to comb your hair prepares you to perform brain surgery. Opinions and assholes, as the saying goes... Guess what my opinion of it is?

Originally posted by recklessOP:

+1 for an original. you can get a mark III (the 'street' version) for less than that...

:eek:

Not getting into the debate about wether the Mark III sucked or not, where can you get one?

Originally posted by Mowgli:

At its supposed-to-list price of $134k, or even at $150k, or even at $200k it crushes all comers. Its not out of its league, its busting the nuts off everything IN its league. Just like last time - when none of you were born yet.

The dealer markup is sleazy. Not surprising though.

Just got done reading an Automobile article where they did a 4-way comparo of the true 200mph cars for sale in the USA. In a nutshell, passerbys walked past the Mercedes SLR McLaren, past the Porsche GT, past the Lambo Murcielago, to go muscle a look at the GT. And these are 1/2million dollar cars. They ended up calling it the one car that could make the dead get up and walk the earth.

So, seeing as how nobody here has driven any one of these cars, I'm going to call you all out and say none of you know what the nut you're talking about. You're all (me too) about as much qualified to utter the phrase "its only a Ford" and thumb it down at $200k or whatever pricepoint its at other than its $134k list, as knowing how to comb your hair prepares you to perform brain surgery. Opinions and assholes, as the saying goes... Guess what my opinion of it is?

Booyah, bitches.

Originally posted by Ricochet:

... I'd rather have a Lambo over the same-priced, faster Ford.

I'm curious why. Why not choose the better performing (in every measure), better handling, easier to drive fast, better behaved at sane speeds, better build quality, better engineered, and far more rare car? Why not choose the car that the european reviewers are almost unanimously saying has more soul, emotion, and does everything a car is supposed to do better, easier, faster, and with more ... well, soul. The italians love it, the germans love it, I know personally several Dutch in-laws that want it, the british are peeing themselves over it. And Ford's spelled with the same four letters over there as here.

I know the answer, but I'm asking anyway.