Any good radiator shops in the area?

CJINOHIO03

I have a leak in my beater. I cant find where it is coming from exactly though. What does a seal and test cost normally? I have never had one go bad before. I was thinking about using that liquid stop leak stuff but I heard it is bad for the motor. Anybody have experiences with that stuff? CJ

I was watching Mythbusters one night ;) . They did some myth about putting an egg in a radiator to stop the leak. They drilled a hole in *** radiator definatley had a leak in it. Dropped in an uncooked egg, and it stopped about a minute later ;) .

**Note** would not try this unless its your beater.

Egg's, oatmeal, Bar's leak. There are many things that you CAN use. Best thing to do is pressure test the Rasiator and go from there. What kind of car is it? If it is an older can we an all metal (brass) radiator, and it's not eat up real bad in the core I can most likely fix it and pressure test it. If it's a newer style with the plastic ends, that is another story. I have had some luck with using JB Weld or PC7 (epoxy) on them but I have had mixed results.

The best stop leak we've found on all our vehicles, tractors, dozers, and other equipment says "Worlds Best Stop Leak" right on the bottle. The bottle is yellow also if I remember right, but I don't remember the brand name.

Another option and one that I do when I wanna fix it right is just take out the radiator and fill it with water. Cap both ends and then heat a tank with a torch. It will build pressure pretty fast and the water doesn't take long to get hot so be careful. It will start pissing everywhere that there's a hole and then you just mark them and hit them a torch and radiator soldier

Evan