Rented a Dodge Viper on Honeymoon

thorne

So I was in Hawaii and Rented a Dodge Viper GTS 2002. I had a blast and the stairs this thing got were amazing. Yet i found not even one person who wanted to play besides a honda civic reving at me. Questions for Viper owners on here. DOES all the gear shifters get so damn hot? and whats up with the backwars safety belt.

Originally posted by SamZman:

I'm curious how much it cost to get rent something like that?

99 T/A (Adam D....which really should be 03 Z06), and Wease (Sean) both rented Vipers in Vegas. I think they spent ~ $400/each on them for a day. I believe Adam had a GEN-II motored RT/10 while Sean had a GEN-I motored car.

Neither of them liked the car. Adam felt his Z06 handled as well/better and was about as fast (and of course his T/A was faster), as did Sean before he put his car back to stock. Neither liked how car rode and drove, and both complained about the clutch pedal on them.

I paid 361$ total but i got a deal because i was gonna rent the z06 for 300$ but they were gonna rent it out so they asked if i wanted a free upgrade. As for the clutch it felt as if someone before me had took a nice chunk out of the pressure plate and the clutch placement seemed as if it were designed for agirl to drive.

Originally posted by BLACK ITR GUY:

driving viper > sex

i think he meant to say: gay sex > driving Integra tongue.gif

yea, the Viper has very linear power, it doesn't really kick your ass like everyone thinks. they do look good though, but the pedals are absolutely tiny...it makes me mad when people act surprised when i say my RX7 is a LOT faster than the Viper

Originally posted by 97Z:

please excuse this boy's ignorance...he hasn't got layed in quite some time. apparently it is causing him to be dillusional

ive had it more recently than you dick head.......actually i think you could be considered a born again virgin graemlins/finger.gif

Guest Ponyfreak

I have not noticed the gearshifter getting hot in any of the vipers I have driven. As for hte backwards seatbelts. Those are designed like that for a VERY quick escape in the event of a crash or fire while racing. THere is no change of getting tangeled up with seat belts like that.

A stockish viper does not "feel" as fast as say a smaller single turbo supra or even a hot n/a high revving ford 4.6DOHC. Hell even my diesel truck has more sence of "speed" than some of the gen 1's I have driven. Once you mash the pedal the large amount of torque pulls you forward but after 3000 rpms it really doesn;t feel like pulls any harder. They are not high hp high revving engines from the factory.

Stock 02 GTS's typically run in the low 12 second range @ 115-118mph.

Gen 1 Rt/10's are pretty crude. I met a guy at the track a while back and drove his car around edgewater for a little while. It is nothing like the stock GTS's I have driven.