Where to get engine installed?

Guest Rane

Guest Rane
My thread dissapeared, and when I search for it the topic comes up but if I click it, it takes me to So who's been at trails or something. Anyways, where is a good cheap place to get a Sr20 put in my 240sx, what kinda prices do they charge and how good of a job do they normally do. I need belts and a radiator, and let me know if you guys know of a cheap reliable place to get one.

Guest Rane
I would do that if I had someone alot smarter with cars and the tools to do so to help/teach me along the way. Prolly gonna get a S-13 sr20 I need the ones with uncut harness and crap don't I?(Just to make sure.)

Guest mudbutt
go through a reputable importer. What you save now, you will PAY later. Heavy throttle, venus, and phase 2 motortrend seem to be 3 of the top sr people. I 2nd calling IPS and talking to Ricky. Dont be shocked on price on anything. As was stated in one of your previous swap threads, Plan on spending ATLEAST $5k in the process. There will be a lot of small things that you will need off of the bat and it is best just to pay the few extra bucks and get the aftermarket parts.

Guest nixon
Anyone know where to buy pulleys for pulling a engine out? my friend had a hook set up in his garage by previous owner he used with a pulley system that worked on pulling engines out.

Guest Rane
Reasearch like, asking people how shops have treated them and what one they would suggest for getting an engine put in ;) . I am talking to someone about getting a KA from them now :-D.

zerolift is probably the best option for getting an engine.you can go there and pick one out as they are in ohio.also save on shipping,and they have a good rep. if you want someone to install it.talk to ricky at IPSmotorsports.com

Guest mudbutt
Originally posted by Rane:

Reasearch like, asking people how shops have treated them and what one they would suggest for getting an engine put in ;) . I am talking to someone about getting a KA from them now :-D.

*Joel being seirous, not an asshole*

Research also like reading the hundreds of sr swap sites, finding out what routes people went and what they estimated cost to be. Same goes for the turbo ka. There are many good resources out there for just about anything you would ever want to (or not want to) do to a 240(or any car) Google is your friend.

Originally posted by BiG BeN:

zerolift is probably the best option for getting an engine.you can go there and pick one out as they are in ohio.also save on shipping,and they have a good rep. if you want someone to install it.talk to ricky at IPSmotorsports.com

Contact me through PM. I can get you any engine you want and you cannot beat the price...I deal with Zerolift on Nissan JDM engines and know the guys well. We can arrange so there is no shipping costs...we can pick it up or have it delivered.

We'd also be happy to do the install for you. We are gearing up to do a 240 with RB25DET soon. ;)

Can also build you a nasty KA if interested.