Can't get anything to go my way...

Ziggy1647545504

Haven't had any luck selling my Caddy, and then this morning, the tranny started acting up. I was counting on selling this car before Christmas so that I could get my kids some presents, but at this point, I don't think that's going to happen. Now, my Christmas is going to be very slim, and I'm out a set of wheel until I can find someone to buy this thing. I'm hopefully going to get it home tonight where it'll sit until I can get it over to my uncle's house on the West side where it'll sit until sold with a bad transmission. I did locate a used tranny today at All Foreign, but I don't have the cash right now to purchase the tranny and have it installed (thanks for the quote Scott). Just gotta bite the bullet and go without a second car for a while.

I hate this time of year. graemlins/doh.gifgraemlins/doh.gifgraemlins/doh.gif

Nah... That's cool, and I really appreciate it, but I think that the grandparents pretty well have it taken care of. You know how it is though, Daddy should be able to handle it, you know? I really appreciate the sentiment and all, but I didn't start this thread to ask for help (unless you know someone that wants to buy a nice car with a not so nice tranny for cheap! ;) ) I just needed to vent a little. I really appreciate that within the first couple of posts someone is willing to come out of their own pocket to help another board member out. Thanks! It means a lot.

Thanks Scott, but I drove it home tonight, and it seemed to do okay, so I'll just take my wife's car to work for a few days, then I'll take it over to the West side on Saturday afternoon. It'll be parked at my uncle's house on Hague Ave. till sold. I can't see putting $800 into a car that I haven't to date been able to sell for $1500. At least over there, someone might be interested in it for a grand even with a bad tranny. I really appreciate the offer though. Just not sure when I could get the money to buy the tranny, let alone have you extend credit to me.

Things are starting to look up, talked to my grandfather today, it looks like he's going to "sell" me his 84 'burban at least until I get the Caddy sold, and have some cash to buy something a little more economical. At least I'm gonna have some wheels...