4th-gen F-body on 20's

Guest jpurdy2003

Guest jpurdy2003

I remember when I first got on CR, I mentioned that it was common to see f-bodies on 20's in my neighborhood, and everybody wanted pics. Well, here you are.

http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/cars/Copyof29050.jpg

Guest Tony_K

*VETTE FANS TAKE NOTICE*

Jack -

There is a 1994 Copper metallic Corvette convertible running around the neighborhood with the plate "94 DROP" .... vette guys know the rarity of this...

...this particular example, however, is riding on 18" or 19" faux-gold wire wheels. Jack - if you spot the car and can snap a pic of it, that would be PRICELESS (and send a cold shiver through the C4 community...)

tongue.gif

Tony

EDIT - Jack, I've seen the car at Walgreens a couple of times; I think they live south/west of 156/Lakeshore.

I saw one on the Westside earlier this week that was a bright pink (horrible paint job, rear bumper paint peeling) with at least 20" at least 100 spoke 'daytons' with the 'bullet' center covers. Worst looking car I've ever seen. Makes that car look like a gem.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

....you took a look in your driveway and saw your grandpa's car (opps, I mean yours), and figured out that's not the case at all.

But then I took comfort in knowing that my car wasn't marketed toward impotent men going through a mid-life crisis. graemlins/burnout02.gif

Edit:Know whats even more ironic? The fact that stock for stock, my "old man" car was rated at more HP than yours.

Originally posted by Mensan:

But then I took comfort in knowing that my car wasn't marketed toward impotent men going through a mid-life crisis. graemlins/burnout02.gif

Edit:Know whats even more ironic? The fact that stock for stock, my "old man" car was rated at more HP than yours.

Way to not know your facts, douche. :rolleyes:

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII:

Horsepower (hp @ rpm): 260 @ 5750

Torque(lb.-ft. @ rpm): 265 @ 4750

1994 Firebird Formula

Horsepower (hp @ rpm): 275 @ 5200

Torque(lb.-ft. @ rpm): 325 @ 2400

Wow, sure looks like your car made more HP than mine stock. Oh wait, it didn't douchebag. Unless making 15HP and 60 ft/lb less power is somehow more (and both at higher RPM's at that, lol), in a car that weighs a lot more. And the LT1's numbers tend to be rated a bit conservatively at that.

And when was the F-body ever marketed to mid-life crisis buyers?? Many consider the Vette to be (as that is their primary market), but the F-body is far from it. It is marketed in the bang-for-buck class, unlike your luxo-barge.

Any other moronic crap you'd like to spew??

Any other moronic crap you'd like to spew??

Yeah. You posted a link to a Continental, which is front wheel drive. Not even the same platform. My car was 280HP stock. graemlins/asshole.gif

....you took a look in your driveway and saw your grandpa's car (opps, I mean yours), and figured out that's not the case at all.

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/geno/rofl.gif

Wow, sure looks like your car made more HP than mine stock. Oh wait, it didn't douchebag. Unless making 15HP and 60 ft/lb less power is somehow more (and both at higher RPM's at that, lol), in a car that weighs a lot more. And the LT1's numbers tend to be rated a bit conservatively at that.

Some links for Joe.

Link one

Link two

Link three

Link four

Link five

Link six

Link seven

Link eight, just for Joe

And I have a proposition. I will be getting my car dyno'd soon. You can come and get your car done as well. Whoever makes more power can pay for both sessions.

for the record, the lt1 transmarobird is one of the ugliest cars ever. and joes is even ugly amongst them. its a fact, i looked it up...

Merriam-Webster Online :eek:

it really doesnt suprise me that joe went to the "douche" bomb. personal attacks always seem to be the last resort of desperately stupid people. :rolleyes: guess its too late to tell him to quit while he was only marginally behind. graemlins/nonono.gif