Charger for mini truck hydraullics

Guest Ponyfreak

Actually yes I do. Any alternator will charge it. The ones that are internally regulated need to have the regulator removed, but that's not a big deal. The thing that you need to be careful of it your charge current. Remember that 1 HP = 746 watts and current X amps equal watts.

Here is what I am getting at. If you buy a 200 Amp alternator 200 X 48 = 9600 watts / 746 Watts = 13 HP. it don't sound like alot, but anternators are about 60 percent efficent, so double it to 24 Horsepower to run the alternator (at idle) you can stall your motor trying to charge your batteries.

Personally I am at a loss to understand why no one sells a hydraulic pump that is direct motor driven, other thatn it woud be a bit hard on te motor to be bounced around while it was running.

As far as the regulator specifically, I haven't played with CB in a ling time, but back in the day when I was running rather large amplifiers (over 10000 watt) we were running multiple alternators with a single adjustable regulator. Talk to someone that does electronics on here, like NateDog and see if he would be willing to build you one. It's not a real complex circuit in reality. There are several sets of plans on the net for adjustable automotive regulators. The componet values would need changed a bit for the voltage you are looking for but it's not difficult for someone with the know how and it would be ALOT cheaper too. We were paying $100 per alternator port for the ones we were using back in the day, so that might get you hsome idea of how much it will cost to buy one outright.