300zx Questions

Guest Rane

Originally posted by Rane:

Will the turbo motor drop straight into the non-turbo model. And will the turbo motor work with a non-turbo auto tranny? Or how easy is it to convert to manual? Thanks.

If youve got any other specific questions shoot me a PM or something--weve got 3 N/A to TT Z swaps in the shop right now smile.gif

Im pretty sure they drop right in with minor modifications, I am not well versed on it, as posted above I am sure they can help you more than I but I know you do lose your super hicus (all wheel steering) sport susp. I think and a few other minor things. I know there are a few for sale last I looked on TT.net.

As it said in the link, it would be cheaper to sell the N/A car and buy a TT car.

Honestly, it is like that with a lot of cars. Too many times do I see V6 F-bod guys asking about doing a V8 swap, and overall you have to discourage it. Usually the cost of parts alone would be even to selling and buying a V8 F-body, then you have all of the labor/down time involved.

Prolly will end up getting a 95 TT, wasn't aware they had Super Hicas? Is this Super Hicas better then the 240sx's version. Because everything I've heard says the 240's Super Hicas is so un-noticeable its really just added weight.