Well I am pleased (Indy 500)

Buckeye1647545503

That's also because Wheldon ran out of gas on his cool down lap and was being pushed in at the time.

Also Eric, his name is Vitor, not victor. Wheldon must be a nobody since he's only won 3 or 5 races this season in the IRL. I know you're not an IRL fan, but give the guy some credit.

Originally posted by Mallard:

Wheldon must be a nobody since he's only won 3 or 5 races this season in the IRL.

You said it, not me. I still dont think Scott Dixon is anybody. ;) The IRL seems to have become the dead end for drivers, which is why it's depressing to see talented drivers go there. A guy from CART found hiself a spot in a few formula one races this year. No one ever goes up from IRL, they either stay there till the retire out of fear of death, or go to NASCAR, or go some place making much less money.

The simple fact of the mater is, NASCAR and IRL may be entertaining, but neither are automobile racing, and drivers dont develop there.

For what it's worth though, I rank IRL higher then NASCAR, at least the drivers have guts. NASCAR cars are rolling billboards that aren't particularly fast, and the racing is nothing but guys cutting in line. As for the IRL drivers, I wouldn't stap myself into a monocoque that's designed to channel the force of impact directly into my spine, then tear 220mph ass around ovals with limited aero, they get props. graemlins/thumb.gif

Guest stevil
Originally posted by Mallard:

4th, but she let a few laps at the end. She did very well for a rookie, especially after a few mistakes sent her to the back of the pack twice!

I <3 Danica

+1 Good race, wish she would have had more fuel, or fuel pressure... I'm not sure what happened there at the end.

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:

+1 Good race, wish she would have had more fuel, or fuel pressure... I'm not sure what happened there at the end.

I heard it was fuel, the slpash she got at her prior yellow stop wasn't enough to get her to the end. Could be wrong, I was out with mike dragging a nissan around with his toyota.

It was a great race. I'm very happy for the Rahal team.

If they had me on a fuel strategy, I'd be pissed if I didn't run out on the cool down lap. It looks like the Rahal team missed it by a bit. Danica could have been on full rich for longer, because she didn't run out at the end.

Just an observation. smile.gif

Originally posted by buckeye:

All I know I she WILL win races this year and I might watch some of them. Even if tony george is a prick.

Agreed. Remove George and get the cars back on proper courses and they'll have a fan.

And bring back the BEWST! ;)

[ 30. May 2005, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: The Stig ]

Originally posted by Mr. CentralOhioSubarus:

It looks like the Rahal team missed it by a bit. Danica could have been on full rich for longer, because she didn't run out at the end.

Just an observation. smile.gif

A true rookie placing in the top five! Rahal team just wanted to make sure she finished. She will be back and Rahal Team has a hot hand. They will be in contention again next year. Sponsorship money will be knocking down their door. Remember, racing is built on money. More money with a fourth place finish, then a high teen because of running out of fuel.

Fact of the matter is, "IRL is where the money is" only because of the Indy 500, and even that is waning in popularity. Sponsors rarely give 2 shits about anything outside of Indy, because thats the last race that anyone actualy makes money on. If CART had an equivelent race, they'd be in much better shape.