Bogus superchargers

desperado

I figured some one should post this so that noob's and guys that don't know better wouldn't get taken on these things.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7985067737&category=33741

This link is an example of where someone is selling industrial blowers on Ebay and calling them superchargers. They do not work. In fact on anything more than a stock 3 cylinder Geo motor they will create a restriction to intake flow, causing a performance loss.

Don't get took by this crap. It don't work.

And in the smallest font possible:

Due to increased sales, backorder may be possible, by bidding on the item, you agree that item backorder is alright and we will ship to you as soon as we recieve more from our manufacturing facility. Ask prior to bidding to check product availability.

LOL, My little brothers friend got one of these. Keep in mind we think he is an idiot. But now he says his stock Dodge Ram 1500 that has a 318 will outrun a 5.0 mustang.

He cut a hole in his airbox and bolted it on. It appears to be a combustion air blower off of a furnace. I cant believe people are buying these things against the better judgement of others around them.

Funny you should mention this... I had a customer come in today looking for silicone intake hose to attach one to his Honda! He showed it to me, and I picked the thing up, noticed it weighed about 3/4 of a pound, and hooked it up to a battery to see what kind of air this thing put out. This won't surprise anyone, but I think the battery operated personal fans (with the exposed flexible blades that cost $1.99 in a gas station) rivaled the output of this cheap blower motor with a "turbo-like" plastic housing. Got a good chuckle, but couldn't bring myself to burst the poor kid's bubble.