ok im screwed and i need help bad

BIGGU

ok well i was sitting there and i was thinking wow im bored, i have a valve cover gasket i need to put in the miata. so well i unconnect the battery, unbolt the valve cover and then i got the whole cover removed. took off the old gasket and put on the new one. put all the bolts in and finger tightend them. took out the tourque wrench and started tourquing the bolts. i did the 2 bolts upfront( the silver tube)of the block till i heard a pop in wich i thought was the wrench telling me they are good. well then i started the actual bolt in the top at the very middle. bolt one in the chart in faq the bolt poped and the wrench poped up and i figured something bad happend. when i went to check the bolt it was loose and pulled out. the bolt broke off and same with the ones in the front. the 2 in the front arnt bad and i got one out the other i cant. the bolt in the main block broke off i dont know if its sticking out or not.

pictures 2 bolts up front

bolt on top the actual bolts

How bad would it be to fix? and what would i do to fix or am i sol?

I hope you where torquing down head bolts because if you tightened valve cover bolts that tight you may have really big problems. From what you wrote in your post I'm thinking your talking about valve cover bolts. If so they should only be tightened a little bit. Not to 80ft lbs or something. More like inch lbs.

Evan

thanks guy but i got it. pulled out my trusty dremel and then i used a screw driver just to pull it out. thats what i get for having a $5 tourque wrench and letting a freind set it and me not checking it next time you hear some one say " i use them all the time i will set it up for ya" tell them to back off!