Shipping on Wheels and Tires???

zeitgeist57

Figure out the weight and then check fedex and ups. Just go to their site and put in the info and it will tell you how much it cost. Fedex is usually cheaper than ups but they take a little longer I think.

i worked there and i know how they are with stuff. even if you box them i would take a piece of cardboard and it cut out the same size of the wheel and tape it extremly well over the outside (chrome part) of the wheel to make sure nothing happens to them

Guest nevarmore
Originally posted by still2high:

i worked there and i know how they are with stuff. even if you box them i would take a piece of cardboard and it cut out the same size of the wheel and tape it extremly well over the outside (chrome part) of the wheel to make sure nothing happens to them

My girlfriend works @ FedEx. If you wouldn't feel ok throwing it down on your driveway then you need to go and repack it until you do.

Originally posted by Rotary Jihad:

My girlfriend works @ FedEx. If you wouldn't feel ok throwing it down on your driveway then you need to go and repack it until you do.

HaHa...Lol.....everytime I ship something via UPS, I give it the test. Which involves me tossing the package 15-20 ft away from about 5 feet in the air.....if it survives, it has a chance of making through UPS.

Shipping wheels and tires is just gosh darn expensive. Last time I had wheels shipped from Indiana with tires on em. It cost about 75 beans.

Be careful with you method of packing. For wheels and tire packages.

===Cut or get 8 round pieces of carboard.

---Get 4 pieces of styrofoam like material(thin like paper) and place them inbetween the cardboard and the outside of the wheel.

----If you can after that band those mothers down and let em rock.

Guest stevil

I reccomend FedEx, used them to ship a box with two 18" C5 wheels (no tires) for $15.39 insured to MN, roughly 60 pounds. They were cheaper than UPS of course, and also USPS.

Sadly, I've paid high prices for stuff shipped to me, like a set of four wheels shipped for $100... because the seller decided to use the most expensive shipping, or make some extra $$$. :rolleyes:

are they mounted or seperate?

ok..so i just took time to read your entire post smile.gif and i will be shipping UPS as well, just let me know what they say, i will get it cheaper. my dad owns a warehouse and i ship everything outta there, as long as you pack them i will beat any price UPS gives you.

Guest gdiman
I bought a set of 17" wheels with mounted tires that shipped from Chicago a couple months back. It was a little over $100 via UPS ground and they arrived in great shape.