exhaust?

smokin5s

My car has a quiet, LARGE exhaust because it needs it. If I could go with bigger piping I would...I would benefit from it.

A loud exhaust with no go (a lot of domestics) is just as bad as an ugly fart can, I don't care how much better it sounds.

Scott

peace

Guest tbirdchick
in chillicothe there is a Comaro and a Mustang v6 that have dual 4" outlet fart can mufflers, pretty much drag the ground going over bumps. they might as well put a big fat TypeR graphic down the side of their cars.

take for instance my dad hes got a 94 fd and before he even put an exhaust on he went around and listened to other fds and how it sounded. he bought the one that sounded best. so not everyone just throws on an exhaust. ive done custom yes my exhaust is loud but it looks really nice too.

Originally posted by Slamed CRX:

were you talking about that red trecel with 16" rims

no it's black and it sounds like shit.

I don't care what kind of car it is... a far can sounds like shit.... especially on an import... sorry if I sound like a dick, but economy cars are NOT sports cars smile.gif

Guest h23it
Originally posted by V6 Power:

but it will only give you MAX 5 hp which isn't noticable enough to really concern yourself with.

As suprising as it may seem to v8 enthusiasts 5-10 hp gains are noticable in a little car. A basic intake/exhaust/header combo on a 2500-3000 lb car is very noticable and you know its not putting down more than 30 extra hp, and thats even stretching. I mean think about it, an old Miata M edition (my friend has one) comes with less than 100 hp at the rear wheels. If you add 10 hp, you just increased it by 10% total horse, minor gains are very noticable in a 2300 lb car.

I completely understand the hatred for the sound. My Accord is one of the loudest cars I've ever heard (wasn't quite so bad until it developed a nice exhaust leak), and ITR guy can vouch for me. I get completely annoyed with the car driving it down the road. Its down right obnoxious. But compaired to having stock cat and muffler, I would rather deal with the sound than go back to a completely non-responsive accelerator.

Oh, and ITR Guy, I have a digital camcorder, so we can get as many shots as you like. And I have the software to take stills so we can post them, if you want to.

Guest h23it
Originally posted by V6 Power:

sorry if I sound like a dick, but economy cars are NOT sports cars smile.gif

Thats funny, because I believe any car is a sports car if you want it to be... I've seen civic hatchbacks do more damage in a quarter than a viper, just depends on what you want out of a car and how you want to use the end product. You can make an import run the quarter in the low 13's or even 12's and still get around 30 miles to the gallon and drive it every day. When you beef up a Vette, or old Camaro you never want to bring it out because you burn all of the money you have on gas.

Originally posted by h23it:

Thats funny, because I believe any car is a sports car if you want it to be... I've seen civic hatchbacks do more damage in a quarter than a viper, just depends on what you want out of a car and how you want to use the end product. You can make an import run the quarter in the low 13's or even 12's and still get around 30 miles to the gallon and drive it every day. When you beef up a Vette, or old Camaro you never want to bring it out because you burn all of the money you have on gas.

Z06 runs somewhere in the 12's, and gets close to 30 mpg freeway, all stock.

Guest ImprezaWRX
Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:

They are so pissed off because their car is slow, they decide to retaliate and piss off the world with an annoying fart muffler. :D

"I'll show those big bad V8 guys, argh! 6" muffler tip, bigger than theirs, should be perfect! bzzum splt burb plurp bzzz bum bu plurp burb ba ba ba bzzz"

^^^gay

Anyway. I am not a fan of the canister looking exhaust either, thats why I dont have one. But why do you care what OTHER people have done to THEIR car that THEY paid for? Exhaust or anything.

I get 25MPG on the highway, and thats with getting on it. :D

fart cans don't have to sound bad,when they do it's generally because someone bought a crapass pepboys universal muffler and welded it to stock piping,or because they did a really halfass job of bending the exhaust leaving leaks and stuff. i have received numerous compliments on my exhaust notes from imports and domestics alike,some of you are on here.

http://www.bigben.web1000.com/TIRES.jpg

short exhaust clip,kinda weak quality

I love the sound of my borlas, it's really deep, esp. w/ the headers, and it's actually quiet while cruising.

My friends sunfire has a magnaflow and it is horrible sounding IMO. I don't know how he stands it, it drones, and it's faster than my car w/ only an intake and exhaust. :shrug:

a civic that can destroy a viper in the 1/4 miles is no longer an economy car..... EVERYTHING has been replaced. They don't drive it on the streets because putting down that much power out of that little motor has made it unreliable as well as gas mileage went through the window.

I just had sand in my vag the night of my reply because that little #$FIE drove by and woke me up again and I had to be up early.

some catbacks sound ok.... but IMO, they need to keep their stock exhasts on in most cases.

oh, and if 5 hp is that noticable.... then it's time to trade your under-hp car in on a car with more power..... or just leave it alone. Sorry to sound like a dick, but if 105 hp is all you're ever going to have and you are not a bike, then the car will never be fast...

here's a word of advice... put suspension on the car instead of a fart canister.... make the car good at auto-x. a little car like that would do great at that.

As suprising as it may seem to v8 enthusiasts 5-10 hp gains are noticable in a little car. A basic intake/exhaust/header combo on a 2500-3000 lb car is very noticable and you know its not putting down more than 30 extra hp, and thats even stretching. I mean think about it, an old Miata M edition (my friend has one) comes with less than 100 hp at the rear wheels. If you add 10 hp, you just increased it by 10% total horse, minor gains are very noticable in a 2300 lb car.

I completely understand the hatred for the sound. My Accord is one of the loudest cars I've ever heard (wasn't quite so bad until it developed a nice exhaust leak), and ITR guy can vouch for me. I get completely annoyed with the car driving it down the road. Its down right obnoxious. But compaired to having stock cat and muffler, I would rather deal with the sound than go back to a completely non-responsive accelerator.

Oh, and ITR Guy, I have a digital camcorder, so we can get as many shots as you like. And I have the software to take stills so we can post them, if you want to.

well get some pix here some day and post them

Guest FBody Addict
Originally posted by Tony K:

Do you mean that Camaros and Mustangs should have 10"-12" diameter fart cannons, since civics have 5-6" ones? tongue.gif I'd love to see a Camaro with dual monster fart cannons! :D

there is a camaro here in gahanna with a true dual exhaust that has two fart cans

the fart cans wouldnt be so annoying if they quieted down after accelerating like my flowmaster does (yeah, its loud, so what) but they keep the same volume level or get louder as the car accelerates or gets to speed while mine actually quiets down as i get to cruising speed