Starter issues

Zoner1320

On my zzr600 my bike will only start in neutral. I can not start it in gear with the clutch in and it will shut off with the clutch in and the kick stand down. Any clue? It just started doing this and it is driving me nuts. HELP. I went through and checked just about everything but I know that it is prolly so simple I over looked it.

Which of the following are true? Mark all that apply.

In gear with kickstand down = no start

In gear with kickstand up and clutch in = start

In neutral with kickstand up = start

In neutral with kickstand down = start

From your description, I'm going to say clutch safety switch bad or unplugged.

with the Kaw's it will stay running with the kick stand down and clutch in just not mine any more.

on my yammi and suzuki it will not start in gear with the kickstand down. I have no idea why the kawi would be any different, but I will take your word on it

on my yammi and suzuki it will not start in gear with the kickstand down. I have no idea why the kawi would be any different, but I will take your word on it

:plus1:for:honda:

In gear + kickstand down = instant shut off...

I wish my old 77 CB750 had that feature...I wouldn't have flipped it into that guys yard at the S curves south of jefferson

with the Kaw's it will stay running with the kick stand down and clutch in just not mine any more.
as long as the clutch was in it would start. I questioned that when I bought it. The sales person took me to another Kaw and did the same thing

Kawasakis don't start in gear with the kickstand down, at least none that I've ever seen.

Which of the following are true? Mark all that apply.

In gear with kickstand down = no start

In gear with kickstand up and clutch in = start

In neutral with kickstand up = start

In neutral with kickstand down = start

From your description, I'm going to say clutch safety switch bad or unplugged.

Well reguardless It wont start with or with out kickstand down. With the kickstand up and in gear with the clutch in it still wont start i just wanna know why?

I already said sounds like the clutch safety switch.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/kawasaki-motorcycle-zzr-600-zx600j7f-us-2007/o/m10089 <---- Search for clutch switch.

PN 27010 SWITCH,CLUTCH $16.52