Cam2 fuels

Guest Crucial Conflict

Guest Crucial Conflict
Any one have any experience with the Cam2 100 octane?? It's clear in color, and the specs look fine for my shit, but the 5.50 a gallon is a kick in the nutz.. runn'n it in an 04'Suzuki GSX-R1000.

you can purchase it at hamilton rd. for 4.99 a gallon I know Extreme Cycles in Columbus (outside of Grove City) has 5 gallon drums for 45.00 bucks but Mike said it was oxyigenated too which was supposed to make it better, but dont ask me what the hell that is..lol

100 octane...hamilton rd. 4.99 a gallon. yup yup

Originally posted by Olds4EveR:

Mix it 50/50 and you can get power 5-7hp in the entire powerband... Thats whats up... No re-mapping needed for FI bikes...

Where did you come up with those numbers? Dyno?

And what exactly is your question in the first post?

Assuming your bike is stock, running an octane rating higher than recommended in your owner's manual will not give you better performance, especially street riding in this cooler weather.

Guest Crucial Conflict

You can get Cam2 in leaded & Unleaded, but after I asked you all in the first post, I did alittle research on it and made a few calls..

And in the Suzuki owner's manual they say your even able to use gas/methanol mix's, gas/alcohol mix's, but there's some factor's that go down with that...

If you run Cam2 straight the fuel doesn't burn complete, and carbon build up will become a bitch...

Guest Crucial Conflict
Nah, is that R1 your first? And I didn't buy this shit just to say I run race fuel.. Heard from a source that there's performance to be had with that shit, so I'm given it a try before winter hits...

No. I started off on a 600 just like most people. I ended up with an R1 because of all the modifications that this bike has. It has the best suspension, brake and performance additions available today.

Just use regular gas. Unless your running some sort of forced induction, or high comp. pistons and some other engine work... you'll never have a use for anything over 93/94 octane.

Guest Crucial Conflict
It looks like your rock'n the wave rotors, Nice.. That Gixx I've got will get up there quick, but stop'n the rear likes to dance (2Step)! ha So you hit track days? We should hook up and roll if you rock that R1 on street also..