Tell me the SECRET!(now w/ light trigger pics)

DeathSandwich

1) Put the kickstand down

2) get off the bike

3) Run over and press the crosswalk button

I've actually had to do this, but usually I either bust a right or run the damn thing.

The greenlight magnet thing does work.

Also, need to call ODOT to let them know the sensors are jacked up (or maybe it is the city).

Funny enough, the sensor at the ODOT HQ on West Broad also doesn't pick up bikes.

Find the strip in the asphalt where the detector is. You can usually spot it. Don't pull up to the light in the center of the lane - put your bike over the detector strip.

If the light cycles twice without giving you a green I beleive by law you treat it as a stopsign and go. May be three cycles.

i thought it was three minutes without changing before you could go? not really sure.

i hate when this happens though, and it happens to me all the time right by my house at the stop light at whittier and third.

now i just go down the alley so i dont have to stop at the light, but otherwise, like larry said, i either make a right or run it.

I am looking at the Ohio laws regarding this and they make no mention of signals that are malfunctioning in the sense that they do not trip.

Malfunctioning signals:

http://onlinedocs.andersonpublishing.com/oh/lpExt.dll?f=templates&fn=main-h.htm&cp=PORC

The city of columbus also says the same thing:

http://ordlink.com/codes/columbus/_DATA/TITLE21/Chapter_2113_TRAFFIC_CONTROL_DEVIC/2113_041_Driver__8217_s_duties.html

It doesn't look appear that there is any provision for legally running a light that doesn't trip, at least not in Columbus. If we get caught, it is probably officer discretion.

Guest 420GSXR1000

other states DO have laws for bikes running lights but i am unaware of such an ohio law..

and its magnetic not weight damnit!!! (yes im a civil designer)

Get a small canvas bag of ferrous metals (that is nuts and bolts to you and me russ) and put a rope on it. If the light isn't changing drop the bag on the sensor (please don't tell me you don't know where the sensor is). They work on magnetism.

alternative. make a copper coil (electromagnet) and wire it up to a switch on your 12 system. If the light dosent trip, hit the switch, create a magnetic field. When the sensor picks up the field you are generating, the light changes. Turn it off when you are done so you dont pick up a bunch of ferous road debris from the last accidnt at the intersection.

The kit that iron pony sells is a constant magnet, isnt it? not sure, I havent looked at what they sell.

my bike has that bigass muffler on the very bottom of the bike. I dont think Ive come to a light that hasnt changed for me.

Hell I was even at frantz and 161 today, and I was the only vehicle on one side, and I even got the green arrow before the 20+ cars on the opposite side got to go, I felt cool.

Guest 2fast4carz_zx9r
That is a waste of money to buy a trigger....If you run a light in the middle of the night and a dick cop pulls you over, just take the ticket....tell him to fuck off...and fight it in court. You will win.