05 GXSR1000 frame recall

Guest Crucial Conflict

Guest Crucial Conflict
I doubt you'd have that ZX for the next 11years, hope not... I'm zuki all the way, and it's probably only hand full or so bikes and hopefully there all over the pond in Europe..ha

this is not suzuki's first frame problems, when i was racing alot of motocross i had a 98 RM125 that the foot peg snaped off on a landing. suzuki forgot to heat treat the frame and had a recall on that. of corse were not comparing apples to apples i guess

comparing the build quailty and material used Ymaha is engineered alot better then kawasaki, suziki, and honda.

you might think that its just my opinion, but get up close and look and the fit and finish of all the bikes. And also i like the type of plasic yama uses compared to others, my old kawa would crack, but the yamys plastic is more elastic, so it doesnt shater on impact.

Yamaha years above the rest.

They say the bike hit the wall head on..As I posted before when I saw this. I'm sure if this was a Suzuki problem, they would recall the bikes before they had to deal with multiple high million dollar lawsuits.

The morons spreading this around don't have all the FACTS!

The rider crashed and *THEN* the bike hit the wall head on. I don't care what kind of bike you ride, when it hits a wall head on at any speed this shit will happen.

If it was the real deal, Suzuki would be recalling them. Since it is just *ONE* case I don't think it's needed.

Unlike the Kawasucki ZX-10 which has had several cracked front wheels and peoples frames splitting from wheelies. The only official recall is on the wheels.

Otherwise...I have heard none of this from the Suzuki side of the house, period!

Guest 420GSXR1000

well im a zook owner...2004 1000 ....i would agree that suzuki would recall that type of problem, and yea its all gonna bust head into a wall, but i also agree that the MACHINE that welded that frame didnt get shit for penitration!!!!!!! makes me wonder a bit with the penitration

my 2 cents

Guest 420GSXR1000

man......those photos from the team gallery still make me wonder...im NOT a mechanic NOR a welder, but i do know that the weld with proper penitration sgould be as strong if not stronger than the frame itself...

why did it break @ the weld and not "tear" the frame???

just asking the welders out there!!!!!!

Originally posted by 420GSXR1000:

man......those photos from the team gallery still make me wonder...im NOT a mechanic NOR a welder, but i do know that the weld with proper penitration sgould be as strong if not stronger than the frame itself...

why did it break @ the weld and not "tear" the frame???

just asking the welders out there!!!!!!

Lack of penetration will cause that. It's a mistake novice welders make alot on aluminum, you can have a pretty bead without the proper penetration. There is a big difference between those who can weld and welders.