Bit by the Dragon

yup one of the few or many who went down to deals gap and got bite

absolutly beautiful down there the roads, all of them are awsome. also loved the cherolla skyway.

but sunday night me and my friends headed out to the dragon, and the second sharpe curve coming from the south a curve snuck up on me i went wide and hit the grass which my tyre kicked out.

the righ side went down were my front fairing, top side fairing, and some small plastic covers and head light got damaged. also broke off my front clip and brake resivoir.

I had full leathers on and to my surprise you can still get road rash through them. My helmet took a good hit and is now scuffed my jacket is scuffed with a seam ripped out.

also hurt my shoulder think im going to get xrays just in case

my next jacket will have protector pads, shoulder pads would have probably helped alot.

[ 08. July 2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: smokinHawk ]

Ouch, sounds like it could have been worse if you weren't wairing you protective gear. A couple of guys from my work went down last fall. The only one that wrecked was the one that brought his road racing bike.

Glad to hear you are alright. We had 2 cars "get together" on our run but only light damage. We had about 12 cars and ran it on the 4th of July. It was nice but there were wet spots under the trees. :)

More pics and vids of our run here:

Tail of the Dragon run

I had 2 guys from Northern Mich riding in the car with me so they sound a little "Red/Green" at times. ;)

CJ

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.. I've been gone for awhile... cause I lost it on the Cherohala back in May. My beautiful 900RR is now a burnt ball of metal. Here are some pics. I guess this is it for my riding days.

Thank heaven for leathers!!! I didn't have any road rash, but I did break my pelvis, and my wrist.. and my pelvic bone punctured my ass about 2 inches from my buthole. (Ouch) I'm ok now, but I still have a hole in my but. it may be a few more weeks until that heals

Enjoy!!!

http://girl219-pix.smugmug.com/gallery/119514/1/4291545

password is: burgboy73

Originally posted by DramaQueen:

ya glad your alive.

how fast were you going when you lost it?

have you healed up yet.

I was doing about 65 when I lost it. I'm almost completely healed. The hole in my ass is still about 2 inches deep and it is as round as a penny on the outside. I'll be OK. Thanks for asking.