undercar neons

Guest HondaRacer

Guest HondaRacer
Whats up guys? haven't been on here in awhile but i was wondering if anyone knew how to put neons on a 97 honda accord. CCA said they would do it for $150, is there a better deal i can get somwhere else????? Thanks for your help

Its not too hard. You bolt the tubes to the underbody of the car and make sure THE TUBES ARE NOT SHOWING ans then runs the wires off of your battery to an inline fuse and run a switch.

Guest drifter
Originally posted by My name... is Neo:

Don't they add 30HP? :confused:

~finds out no, goes in a corner and cries~

no you have to put the sticker that comes with them on your windshield first

Originally posted by HondaRacer:

Whats up guys? haven't been on here in awhile but i was wondering if anyone knew how to put neons on a 97 honda accord. CCA said they would do it for $150, is there a better deal i can get somwhere else????? Thanks for your help

$150? Wow, it can't be that tough, I'll do it for $100. :D

Like LJ mentioned, you just need to mount them, then wire them. Supplies shouldn't be more than $10 for the install. I don't think I would drill holes in my car though to bolt them on, maybe use zip-ties or something like that.

you can either zip tie or drill small holes (smaller than the screws that come with the mounting kit) and then use the self taping screws to mount it to the under carriage... OR, I would highly suggest getting bolts, and then using a washer and nut to hold them up that way giving it a little extra added strength.... make sure to mount it on a flat area that is hidden (if it isn't flat, when tightening it, you can bend or break the bulb) That is very important.... those tubes are expensive... other than that, just run a power to your battery and then run a switch through the firewall... it's really not that hard, the hardest part is figuring out where to mount it and getting the car up in the air.

awww come on he had a legit question, some people would rather have the go last but in class instead of go fast ya know? it takes all types man but im sure someone here would be willing to help you take them and put em' on for you

Terron

Guest 1sweet3.4
man, you guys are harsh. Some people have different tastes than others, that doesn't make them fuckin wrong! I like low key neons myself and if i didn't want to spend the money on my engine id have em on there. They have their place whether people like it or not. If you don't have helpful info then you shouldn't be ragging all over someone askin for a lil assistance. I'd help ya man but i don't have ANY patience left for automobiles. I'd go with mike's offer. He's pretty cool guy and with that 60 bucks he may even bring the beer. :D

I posted on exactly how to do it... it's not hard.... no way would I do it for him cause well... I don't want to... but I gave him pretty good directions I think.... now he knows how to do it... time to move on to the next topic. :D

If you just throw them in the trunk you will be able to see the light peeking through the holes you drilled to mount your big ass aluminum wing. graemlins/gay.gifgraemlins/jerkit.gifgraemlins/gives.gifgraemlins/pics.gif