Vehicle Speed sensor

Guest 90accordman

Guest 90accordman
Ok, I have done some self-diagnostics with my ECU and found out that my Vehicle Speed Sensor is bad. But of course my Haynes Repair Manual does not explain where this is. Does anyone know how I can find out, I am going to replace it myself this weekend, and will not pay a dealership to do anything. :D Again it is a 1990 Honda Accord 2 door LX. Thanks guys!

Originally posted by 90accordman:

Ok, I have done some self-diagnostics with my ECU and found out that my Vehicle Speed Sensor is bad. But of course my Haynes Repair Manual does not explain where this is. Does anyone know how I can find out, I am going to replace it myself this weekend, and will not pay a dealership to do anything. :D Again it is a 1990 Honda Accord 2 door LX. Thanks guys!

hey dude i'll post on hondasociety under the 4th gen accord forum and get u some tech help, if u want to i'll help you also. beings we have the same car ;)

Guest 90accordman

]

hey dude i'll post on hondasociety under the 4th gen accord forum and get u some tech help, if u want to i'll help you also. beings we have the same car ;) [/QB]

That would be cool. I plan on doing it this Saturday at Giant Miata's. I will take it out of my car, and then go to the junkyard to pull it from the car they have. Just let me know, my im is wytygr99

your speed sensor is located on the back of the trany. where the axles go in right above that. you proably have to get under the car to see it.. look where your axles go into the trany then feel right on top of that and you'll see it. its got a 2 pin connector on it.

Top of the transmission, near the firewall, kind of behind the starter. It will be held in by a big clip that is bolted down with a 10mm bolt. remove the bolt, and disconnect the connectors going into it and it will pull out.

it will be easier from above the car, infact, I doubt you could even see it from underneith

[ 15 May 2002, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: rl ]

Guest FixHondas
If you look just behind and below your thermostat housing you will see the speed sensor. It is on top of the transmission housing above where the axles go inside the differential. It is held by 2 10mm head bolts. If you are using a junkyard part be careful not to lose the small shaft that connects the sensor to the speedo gear.