tire width

Guest 1sweet3.4

Guest 1sweet3.4
ok, I got my tires and wheels in, and they are fucking huge. goodyear eagle f1s, 275/45/17s. all four corners. Will these fit unubstructively in the wheel well? Reason im asking is because the a-arms, crossmember and all other wheel attachment points are off for at least a few weeks. They don't look to terribly big, and other than never being able to do a burnout again I believe in the wider is better thing, but how wide can you go? Car is a 95 camaro RS. P.S. don't think it makes much difference but stock tires were 235/55/16s.

Originally posted by Chinese Gangster:

How wide are the wheels you are mounting them on? A 275 needs at least a 9.5" wheel to be effective.

Nah, 8.5" will work fine (I believe that was the width of the early Firehawk rims). Factory SS/WS6/newer Hawk rims are 17x9"

As long as the wheels have the correct backspacing, of course they will fit just fine; it's a factory size. I don't even consider my 275's big at all anymore; I'd love to cram some 285 or 295's up front, and some 325's in the rear, but my funds definately said hell no to any such idea.

You may be able to thet them on 8.5's, but 9.5's are the recomended wheel size for 275 tires. If you install tires on smaller than recomeneded wheel the side walls will bulg out and the tires won't work as well are they could. Goto the tire makers web site a look up the tires spec sheet ans see what they recomened. If you can't find it there try TireRack.com

says in the first sentence that you have them in your possession(i think). where does the more reliable information lie? on internet message boards, or in the garage? not being a dick BTW. post pics and your findings when your done.

edit: ok so put the suspension parts back on then do the other part. excuse my not payin attention ass. the valid info part still pertains.