ANybody have/know anything about the Bass Link

Doug1647545489

I'm probably going to get one for my car because I've read a couple reviews and they seem decent. Plus infinity also make decent stuff. I know its not going to shake my car to pieces but they seem to also be decently powered. And best of all they are light and compact. (What I'm going go) I'm kinda an audiophile but really not hardcore about it. I just want clean crisp bass and a little bump when I want it. Anybody have any experience with one?

The bass links do look good, and they have that passive radiator in addition to the driver. (10 inch i do believe) I would asume that SQ wise, they sounds pretty good, but i wouldn't be expecting mass amounts of SPL. Now, I have 2 12 inch MTX 8000's and a matching 81000D amplifier that i am selling. They will put the bass link and anything up to kappa perfects to shame. Check the garage sale section under "MTX for sale" for more info.

Originally posted by $low one:

Yeah but then I would be spending $500+

You can get the bass link for 230

OH, i thought the bass link was more than that. But just think, the MTX's will put out more than twice the sound.

And about the BP1200.1 I am selling my 81000D that is a much nicer amplifier all around for much less money.

Originally posted by $low one:

ok first I'm not going to buy your subs smile.gif I can't have that much extra weight/ less space in my trunk.

If I was going to go all out I wouldn't get MTX anyways.

I was just wondering if anybody had one. And how do they like it.

Ehhh, it was worth a try. :D Nothing wrong with MTX. They make excellent amps and sub woofers.

I almost got a Basslink once, but ended up throwing my money towards something else instead. Have you taken a close look at one in a store? They are a lot bigger than i first thought they were, so it wasnt really going to fill my application (compact truck), but I love Infinity speakers. I'd say, try it out, and let us know what you think. If you end up not liking it, it can always go on ebay. :D

Originally posted by GRN96WS6:

I wouldn't consider MTX excellent by any means. They make entry level subs and amps IMO mediocore at best.

Excellent is something like JL, Audio Art, American Bass, Eclipse, etc..

excellent compaired to anything that you can get at best buy circuit city, etc. the subwoofers may not hit as hard as a W7 but they cost roughly 1/4-1/3 as much. The amps (especially the class D amps) actually are very nice.

Originally posted by GRN96WS6:

I wouldn't consider MTX excellent by any means. They make entry level subs and amps IMO mediocore at best.

Excellent is something like JL, Audio Art, American Bass, Eclipse, etc..

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

In car audio, many times you get what you paid for. You do find a few items that give a much better bang for the buck than expected, though (such as Audiobahn subs). When comparing retail prices, you really do get what you paid for. And if you are comparing anything you get at Circuit Shitty, Best Buy, etc....well, sorry about that. smile.gif

Put that little MTX Digital amp against my Memphis 1000D, and you'll see exactly why my amp is more expensive.

As for this little Infinity in question (BTW, Infinity has never really impressed me; there are better options out there for the price), it sounds like a gimmick device. Never heard of it, but I'm sure I wouldn't want to use it. If you want real bass, even if just clear and full but not loud, you need an enclosure, sub, and amp. Period.

Audiobahn does make some good shit for pretty good prices. I've always liked them. But anyway, back to the topic at hand. I really don't think that you will be happy with the basslink. If you're afraid of weight, don't get bumps at all. The bass link is heaver than you would think too. Just get a single 12 with amp and box. Try www.sounddomain.com they have a good selection and cheaper-than-retail-store prices.

And yes, i know that there are nicer amps than MTX out there, but not in that price range.

To add to this thread I had some infinity's in my civic when I had it and they really sucked the big fat one. They constantly popped and made random noises on me and I know they were installed right. I even got another pair and the same thing happened, I then put in some Audio Art components and I had no issues at all. Infinity has not in the least impressed me at all. Doug you can get a descent sub, enclousure, and amp for a good deal if you just look. And one in a nice sealed box in the corner of your trunk won't take up much space at all. smile.gif

I still don't consider MTX amps at all excellent, this is however my opinion. smile.gif I always had Eclipse(good sound quality not so powerful) Memphis(great power and sound), and Audio Art(Takes a beating and keeps on ticking) For some reason they stopped making some of their best amps, the one I had in my civic was pushing two DVC American Bass subs @ 1.5ohm mono :eek: It got hot but never cut out on me, that thing was a tank. And it HIT HARD!

Addressing the original question... I have a Infinity basslink in my saturn SC2, i chose it because of price and compactness, and it outperforms all others in that respect. For a 10" sub, box, and class D amplifier, the cost is very reasonable. It also takes up about 14" x 7" of trunk floor space when mounted vertically, which is many times less than a 10" in a 1 cu/ft box. If youre looking for good SQ and want to conserve space, the basslink is definately for you. If youre looking for any sort of SPL, sacrifice more space (and more money) for more sound. One note... the sub performs best when rear-oriented, and mounted VERY snugly to the trunk floor. (Its also very lightweight, making the mounting critical.) Just my 0.02.

Jeff