Polishing my Intake Plenum(Updated: please read again!)

Avenger1647545502

Updated at the bottom of the thread!

Okay, here's what I'm trying to do: my intake plenum came with the usual sand-cast texture. I'm trying to sand that off and get a shiny smooth surface. The problem is that my plenum consists of 6 tubes that are cast together, making it really tough to get a sanding wheel or disc down in the grooves. Does anyone know of a way to do this, I've seen it on other cars, so I know it can be done.

[ 28. October 2003, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Avenger ]

don't polish, paint the insides. Slowly, and with several coats, the paint will fill in the voids and make the runners smooth. It's much easier than trying to get in there and buff the walls down.

But by the same token, what would you want to do this to begin with, I bet that it you flowed the runner, polished it till it was smooth as glass, and reflowed it. The amount of change is going to be so small that it will make basically no difference.

OK, it required alot of effort, but it is work the trouble. You need to start by sanding it down smooth, by hand. Then using a buffing wheel, and jewlers roughe, polish it to desired luster. By I am telling you. It's gonna take time because of it being cast as one piece. And the recessed areas.

good luck.. everyone has to start out somewhere. its just easier to send it to me :D . having the right tools for the job helps like a mutha!@#$%*. if u decide u cant stand it, or when ur fingers get tired from sanding call me and ill be glad to hook u up in a day or so.

206-3975