Hocking Hills are cursed

bluebandit_84

So, me and some friends went to Hocking Hills on Sunday (5/6/07). About 7 or 8 of us. I didn't make the other ride, but heard someone laid their bike down. Well, on our ride, soemone else went down. He's ok, but the bikes not so good, as well as his pride. Anyway, he called for a truck to come get him and told us to go on our way and not let that ruin our ride, so we did. About a half an hour later, one more went down, taking out a fence. He also was alright, but again bike and pride not doing so good. Oh, did I forget to mention that last year, the first time I went to Hocking Hills with a group of guys, same thing happened; someone went down. I think I'm going to stay away from that area considering everytime I do, someone fucking wrecks their bike. I just don't want to be the next one to do it. So anyway, If you ride down there, BE CAREFUL and for fucks sake, watch out for gravel!

I was waiting for that one. I dont think thats what he meant Putty. I think he was saying most people dont realize how crazy the roads are down there and dont pay enough attention. For sure not a place for a nood or a squid. You sir, are neither!

Damn, 2 in one day? It sounds like I shouldn't even try my luck there, I've never been there though, in car or on bike, so it sounds like fun, but...yeah.

Glad to hear everyone's ok, hate to hear people going down.

Yeah I know; two in one day and both of them right in front of me. Yes. one was because he had been out of the riding loop for a while and probably shouldn't have been out there, but the other one hit some patch on the road that sent his tire out from under him. It is fun out there, but you gotta be careful. A lot of blind curves.

The hills aren't cursed.... its just a place for experienced riders... Its not 270

Not too many roads for people in Columbus to practice one... hence the reason lots go down in hocking for the small lack of experience it takes. Remember when in doubt - lean and gas it.

I lived in Athens for 4 years, although I never went down, 2 of my friends did on blind corners. Hocking Hills is an amazing area for riding, but a lot of people don't like it due to the crummy road conditions on a lot of roads as well as the blind corners. I rode them for 4 years and scared myself way too many times, but got my head straight and kept my cool. Don't over-do yourself, now I have never ridden with any of you, but I've been riding for 7 years and don't consider myself very experienced either.

Keep it safe this season and take your time on back roads that you've never ridden. If your riding buddies won't slow down or wait for you at the next road, forget it and find new people to ride with.

Again, stay safe, we want to promote riding, and keep you riding! :cool: