Fuel Filter Question

Wease

Well, I found out the hard way this morning that the fuel filter on my Galaxie (a glass/clear one I got from Jegs) is leaking. This filter is right off of my carb. The part where the metal fittings go over the glass is leaking all over the place. :( I was wondering if I could just buy any filter (as long as it fits) for that spot or is there something specific I should buy? There is another one, near the gas tank, so I could technically just replace the leaking one with another fuel line. However, I'd love to put another one on there. Any ideas on what I should buy/do? :confused:

Originally posted by Tiburon Tuner:

why not just replace it with the same filter?

the housing containing teh filter is leaking.

teh filter is a glass casing that you unscrew on one end and replace the little element.

Bro, if you want you can replace your glass filter with a new one, they sell them at advance auto, jegs ect. and are only like 8 bucks or so.

you probibly already know to change the filter by the tank regularly anyway because it see's all teh crap in the fuel first.

holley recommends you have a filter by teh carb, but to your question, will any filter fit? It should as long as it was made for your fuel delivery needs, one ment for a v-8 pickup should work, but one for a chevette would probibly be restrictive.

Originally posted by Gas,Grass,Or Ass:

you should run two filters in parallel between the tank and the pump make sure the filter is before the pump if its carbed still. anything else is a restriction.

HTH

you mean in series?

series ----+-----+----

parallel ------=-------