Nissan 200 SX. anyone know about'm?

Science Abuse

I found one for sale, but couldnt talk to the seller, theyz was closed. What I saw was:

mid 80s 200 SX

5 spd

3:90 rear gear (saw the tag on th diff)

minumal rust

Ghey custom paint job

note in the car said it needed exhaust work, I'm all over that. But also said the key sometimes stuck and wouldn't work... :confused:

Anyone know anything about reliability, parts availabiltiy, hp ratings, etc? Looks like a decent rally car for $500

[ 11 November 2002, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: BlackBird ]

ok, looks like an S12 200sx:

Single Overhead Cam V6

Sequential mulit-point fuel injection with variable induction

2 valves/cylinder

160 hp @ (unknown)

182 ft/lbs @ (unknown)

9:1

3.66 inches (93 mm)

2.886 inches (73.3 mm)

182.33 cubic inches (2960 cubic centimeters or 3.0 liters)

1st= 3.285 2nd= 1.850 3rd= 1.272 4th= 0.954 5th= 0.795

Reverse= 3.429

Final Drive Ratio= 3.823

Engine Type:

V6

Bore x Stroke mm (in) 87 x 83 (3.43 x 3.21)

Capacity (cc) 2960

Compression Ratio 10:1

Max Power kw (ps) (ps non cat) / rpm 125 (170) (173) / 5600

Max Torque Nm (lb ft) / rpm 248 (183) / 2800

Fuel System Multi Point Fuel Injection

mods:

Nismo makes parts

240SX Throttle Body The stock VG30 throttle body is only 51mm in diameter, while the 240SX throttle body is a nice, big 60mm

ISKY (Iskendarian Cams) 262/258 Turbo and non .450" About $200

I'm liking the way this sounds. I deffinatly need to go drive it :D

Originally posted by controler:

I just want to add my opinion... they arn't exactly tuner cars so I would suggest looking elsewhere if you desire a tuner car. But for $500, a decent beater it could make.

tuner car? TUNER CAR? BWHAHAHAHA! Naw man, I'm just looking for a beater to thrash around the eastern ohio wodds in the NeOhio SCCA rallys :D

Form what i remember of seeing an older 200sx it comes with a VG30 non turbo 6 cylinder. Thats the only engine in them that i have ever seen, but they might have another engine in them. Good buy for 500 it has the 300zx engine in it. Or so i recall!!!

Ok, I used to have a turbo one and an n/a one. They are fun ass cars. They're pretty light and you whip the ass end out really easy, even in the n/a. You can tell them apart, because the turbo had a hood scoop like the RX-7 Turbo II. They have a pretty good top end......well over 100 mph. I know, because I used to race my brothers Firebird from here to Cincy pretty often and he couldn't keep up due to the infamous GM speed limiter. Like I said before they're really fun to drive, but if you can find one, make the obvious choice and go with a turbo.

EDIT: BTW, the tach on those things are pretty sweet. They're LED lights that go across the guage pod and start at green and as you get into higer RPMs it gets yellow then red. :D And it has a digital speedometer.

[ 15 November 2002, 04:03 AM: Message edited by: Uncle Ben ]