need help wit install

Guest vtec05

Guest stevil

I've installed stereos in a few cars of mine, no 2002 Civics though... what do you need help with?

Pretty much, all cars and stereos use the same basic install procedure, some cars differ. Need to get the old stereo out, sometimes that requires removing part of the dash... usually a few bolts underneath.

Next is, will your new stereo fit correctly? Being a Honda, I'm sure your stocker is a E-din size, and the aftermarket is the same, should fit perfectly (unlike a funky GM, Dodge, etc where the stereo is huge, and you need special mounting stuff). Also test fit the depth, will it go all the way in?

Next, wiring. For this, I usually get a factory harness from Best Buy or Circuit City, whichever has them. With that, it plugs right into your factory wiring where your stock stereo was plugged in. So out of the car, you just solder up all the wires on the factory harness to your Kenwood harness, or Sony, whatever you bought.

Some stores actually sell premade "Kenwood to Firebird" harnesses, or "Sony to Mustang" harnesses. So if you don't have a soldering iron, you may try to just get one of those.

I think that covers most of it. If you need help with it, or have any questions, let us know. smile.gif

Guest mudbutt
prettymuch as above but the car will need a kit. it is double din but not true double din. DO NOT use the same kit as the 96-00 civic. I can't remember the dash procedure off hand, but it isnt hard. Most kits should actualy say. you can actually use either of the 01+ or <00 harnesses. There is a harness in the car that goes from the radio to an old style harness. I suggest the new style for assurance.

Guest stevil
Originally posted by FourPointSix:

You forgot to tell him to put the stereo in and reassemble the dash. tongue.gif

Once you have the stereo wired up, use a sledge hammer and pound it into the dash. Then, duct tape the dash back together, or use a hot glue gun. Your choice. ;)

Originally posted by vtec05:

does anyone know how to take tha dash out on my civic

Crow bar. smile.gif Well, i don't know what the dash on your civic looks like. Are there holes on either side of the cd player? like in the corners? (like mine, use a coat hanger to pull it out if yes.) does the trip panel around the cd player pull off? are there screws? Just take a good look at surrounding dash, and trace any seams between dash panels. You'll figure it out.

Originally posted by More dB Than CR

:

Once you have the stereo wired up, use a sledge hammer and pound it into the dash. Then, duct tape the dash back together, or use a hot glue gun. Your choice.

No, don't do that.

;)