The Better Turbo Kit

Guest blkcivic

Guest blkcivic

i have been checking out the kits and so far the only two i have seen are these and i was wondering which one looks better....

Rev-Hard

Stage: 2

Use: Street/Track

Part #: RHSTGII

MSRP: $3,499.00

Boost Level: 7psi

Injector Size: Stock

Horsepower/Torque: +100 / 260 ft/lbs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rev Hard Cast Iron Manifold

Rev Hard T3/T04B Hybrid Turbo

Turbo efficient to 350hp

Rev Hard Intercooler 28x6.5x3 or

25x8x3.5 limited qty.

Deltagate (7-9psi)

Vortec Blow Off Valve

2.25" Aluminzed Mandrel Bent Piping

2.5" Downpipe

Progressive Type Fuel Regulator

High Volume Fuel Pump

Purosil Hoses & Clamps

Steel Braided -3 Oil Line

Oil Return Line

High Pressure Fuel Line

High Pressure Silicon Hose

Neccessary Vacuum Tee's

Neccessary Vacuum Lines

Ask for a FREE Boost Gauge limited qty.

Or Greddy

11550021A Civic EX VTEC 1992-95 TD40H-15G $1,995.95 Inculdes: Cast SUS Mani, FCU, 370 cc inj, Air Intake, piping, hoses oil lines and misc. hardware

Plus i would be buying the corospoding intercooler kit..

So i figure they will probally be around the same price range..but the rev hard kit comes with the intercooler... so i supose thats a plus... maybe some of you forced induction junkies could tell me the pros/cons of the kits and their specs...

Guest doggunracing

Same price range with the intercooler kit for the Greddy one. These are VERY different kits. What horsepower goal are you looking for? The Rev-hard kit has a T3-T04 turbo. That is going to be some serious lag on a 1.6L. You're also not going to be able to turn up the boost much with that rigged FMU-fuel pump crap. At least the Greddy comes with high-flow injectors.

If you are going drag, hp #'s or just highway stuff, then I guess that's a good kit. If you want any low-end, get the Greddy. I would say, make your own kit. These places rape you. Look at www.homemadeturbo.com. Some pretty good stuff there.

You've been here long enough to know that there is a technical forum, tisk tisk.

Like I said before, you need to figure out what your goals are before you start spending money. Want 150-240hp? Get the Greddy. Want 180-300? Get the Rev Hard. If you can't find the Greddy kit for less than $1900 you aren't looking very hard.....I wouldn't pay more than $1500 shipped for a new one. Custom is "better" than either one of those. Deltagates suck! Once again, figure out how much power you want. You told me you only wanted 200 or so at the wheels but then asked me how to build something to put out 300+. Well, which is it? :confused:

Guest blkcivic
i dont remeber asking that, but anyhow i dont really know what i want i guess, but i know that a would like 180 - 230hp, with still retaining the reliabiltiy of my car... ii would probally be better of to just save money and buy something... ;)

dont be a pussy. get a mani that a mitsu exh housing bolts to and get a 18 or 20G. there are several adapters you can buy and even a stock honda mani (dependant on motors) you can get to bolt a mitsu turbo straight on. Get a set of low impedence 450 or 550 mopar injectors and hammer down.

Originally posted by blkcivic:

i dont remeber asking that, but anyhow i dont really know what i want i guess, but i know that a would like 180 - 230hp, with still retaining the reliabiltiy of my car... ii would probally be better of to just save money and buy something... ;)

You know what, my bad. I confused you with P TOWN, redface.gif Open mouth, insert foot.

Originally posted by Jasons TSi:

dont be a pussy. get a mani that a mitsu exh housing bolts to and get a 18 or 20G. there are several adapters you can buy and even a stock honda mani (dependant on motors) you can get to bolt a mitsu turbo straight on. Get a set of low impedence 450 or 550 mopar injectors and hammer down.

What works for a 2 liter doesnt necessarily work for a 1.6 liter. Besides, the Mitsu turbos are more expensive than a properly sized T3/4 hybrid.

Originally posted by blkcivic:

i have been checking out the kits and so far the only two i have seen are these and i was wondering which one looks better....

MASTER YODA

Just trying to help him figure out (WHICH ONE LOOKS BETTER) or how to make it look better :D

If you cant go fast you got to look good!

Thanks for all of the Passen bashings fella's.

As far as the Greddy kit is concerned I feel as if it is a way better fit, quality and yadda, yadda. I think also that it is way more streetable, not making the car fast but respectable and alot more fun to drive. Bottom line is if you want something that is reliable and is steetable go Greddy.

If you want to go balls to the wall get the Rev-Hard or whatever. Alot of those kits come with Max hp's in mind, not so much driveablitly. But if you wanna go faster, I would reccomend a motor build up.

But this is only my exprience and my opnion from my place of work. If you want to know the real truth try to talk to people who have these kits.

[ 12. March 2003, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: torqueless ]