getting started....

Guest thinklad

Guest thinklad
I am currently driving a '99 Mercury cougar Automatic transmission with the 2.0 stock zetec motor. I am looking to switch out the engine for the '03 4g63 turbo engine and switch my front wheel auto to a all wheel manual. any ideas?

Normally if someone has allready posted what I was gona say I'd just leave it alone.... but just buy another car, seriously. I suggest a 2g awd dsm if you like girrley looking cars (must if you drive a newer cougar).... graemlins/puke.gif You could just got buy an evo and an sti for the money it would cost you to do that project...

Don't waste your time unless you already have the Jaguar X-type to donate the entire drivetrain. That is really going to be the simplest possible conversion for what you want. SELL and buy what you really want. You won't be happy until you do. Just my .02

Guest thinklad
I realized before I posted that the better and more sane route would be to buy a new car, but I like the cougar, and it would be a pretty unique car when it was finished, thank you for the Jag-X comment. Im looking for help on things like whether the engine will fit right, tight, loose and where i can get the engine itself for a decent price. the new '03 engine, not the old 92