Finally put it on a Dyno

golf2001gti

Originally posted by golf2001gti:

I was at the Indy bash car show this weekend and I put it on the dyno. It was only $20 for 2 pulls, I put out 180hp and 230TQ @ the wheels. I didnt think I did to bad for it being 90 outside.

Who was the dyno?

I dont have a boost gauge on yet but the other 1.8t at indy had one and he peeked at 23psi and held at 18psi. I was told by Auto assets that I was peeking around 24psi. The company that had the dyno there was Castrol Syntec from WERX MOTORSPORTS. My air fuel ratio started at 3.2 rmps and was at 15 droped at 3.6rpms to 14 and went back up at 4.0rpms to 15 the max air fuel was 17.5 on both runs. What I dont under stand is I have a 4bar fuel upgrade and the other 1.8t had the factory one and he was at the same Air/fuel.

Do you have a picture of the dyno plot or anything? Sounds like its kind of lean to me. If youre peaking at 24psi then you arent there for long at all. The way the n75 works it allows a big spike and then it levels off to a set pressure and you will see even more boost bleed off on the way to redline. The ecu in that car is smart enough to lean the car back out even with the 4bar fpr in there. If you unplug your front o2 sensor you may see better results but you will throw a CEL.

-jeff

Why in the world would your downpipe be causing a CEL? What code is it throwing?

Yes I am on ohiovw but I don't mill around much over there because everyone there is a cosmetic modder. There are a couple guys who are cool but I get the general elitist attitude feeling from most of the people over there who are all driving 15 second sleds but think their stuff if the fastest thing on the planet. smile.gif The guys on this board don't care they are just about the cars.

I dont know about the codes I was told thats why. I am felling the same way about ohiovw, some of them are cool but some just stuck on there selfs. every time I post something to do some people just say KEEP it clean dont dont do this and dont do that. I dont really care I am doing what I want to do. I hung out with uberdubs from Indy and they are the coolest people with dubs I have met. Do you hang out in columbus much I would like to meet you and bull shit about cars some time.

I come out once or twice a month and hit the week day meets sometimes. Usually I am working on my car or hanging out at home. I will probablly be out this weekend if something is going on. You can hit me up on aim if you want. fush23

-jeff