mustang question

recklessOP

simple, i did them wednesday night.

this is for you 2000:

take off brakes, disconnect the rod that connects sway bar to lower control arm, unbolt the strut from the spindle(make sure u have a jack under the lower control arm before unbolting strut)

lower jack, then push lower control arm down with foot while pulling on spring.

if u do it right, u shouldn't get hurt :D

for the back, jus unbolt the shock from the spindle and unbolt the quad shock(axle damper)

and pry out spring with crow-bar or similiar tool.

u shouldn't need a spring compressor either,

any problems hit me up on aim

fowler

Matt, a few tips if you haven't started already. I did mine a few months back. Use an untwisted coat hanger to tie your brake calipers up and out of the way. Like fowler said get ahold of a large crow/pry bar to get the springs out of there seats and to help get the new ones in.

When installing the new springs be sure to get the tails lined up correctly with the little groove in the spring seats. You want to get the end of the coil as close to the end groove as possible. We made a few attempts before getting it perfect.

What springs did you end up going with?

motorsports C springs...

everything else i've looked at is either too stiff or nearly as soft as stock. i didn't want to drop the car too much either. my OE struts/shocks should suffice for now...

the price was icing on the cake...

btw, i've got a set of Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors in the mail... ;)

[ 23. August 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Four Wheel Drift ]

Originally posted by Four Wheel Drift:

motorsports C springs...

You think those will be stiff enough?? Did you look into the H&R Race springs? Probably gives the same drop but are much stiffer. To tell you the truth my H&R Super Sports are 760 # springs and I don't think they are too stiff and those are on the OE stock shocks, struts, etc...

btw, i've got a set of Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors in the mail... ;)

About damn time.....Those were my very first mod, you got the full lengths right?

Originally posted by Four Wheel Drift:

motorsports C springs...

everything else i've looked at is either too stiff or nearly as soft as stock. i didn't want to drop the car too much either. my OE struts/shocks should suffice for now...

the price was icing on the cake...

whats all this shit Matt? Afraid to take the bird stock for stock? Oh well, doesnt matter, you're still going down at ledges this october ;)

As for improving your handling, step 1, douse mustang in kerosene and set on fire. Step 2, get in the damn garage and fix vet. ;)