Anyone here knowledgeable on Suburbans?

Guest turbojc

Guest turbojc
Well I am going on Tuesday to look at a 1992 Suburban 350ci 4x4. It has around 100k miles. I was wandering if anyone knows of any certain problems I should look out for? Thanks, josh

small block chevy with 100k :eek: look for a puff of blue smoke on startup it could be valve seals or ring wear. its prolly got 30-50k left before it needs an overhaul listne to the motor for banging or ticking. early 90's is also bad for GM paint make sure it isn't flaking off.

hth

92=Early for the body style graemlins/thumbsdown.gif . Ugly dash, non Vortec motor. 'Burbans have a tendency to rust along the rockers, bottoms of doors, bottoms of fenders, and around rear wheel wells. Especially if it has the chrome moldings. Check real close underneath the tail lamp pockets in the jamb for the tailgate. Happy hunting! :D

Originally posted by turbojc:

there asking $3000. ;)

assuming the body and frame are solid, and it runs good, that sounds like a pretty decent price on a 4x4.

Unless you plan on hauling massive amounts of shit, I'd suggest staying away from such a big SUV. Remember current gas prices....

NODS, that tank will only get 10-14 mpg if you are lucky. SB chevy tapping may not be bad all the time though, I can't coun't how many times i've pulled the valve cover off a SB chevy only to find the tapping was a lifter that needed retourqued.