ATTN: Mobile Chassis Dyno,

stolen 5.0

I heard u might be able to help me. i have a 93 mustang gt convertible with bbk headers, off road h-pipe, flowmasters, msd ignition box and wires, bbk cold air intake, pulleys, gt-40 upper and lower intake manifolds, ripper shifter, and i advanced the timing a little. My buddy jus got a stock 95 Z-28 and is beatin me, can u help?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mobile Chassis Dyno:

If the car has a stock gear 2.73 or 3.08 and the camaro has a 3.42( ???), Then the camaro should still get him. I want to wait and see what he says first.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok,, shows that I don't know much about mustangs though. I'm sure I will learn a lot before this summers done though. smile.gif

[ 03 February 2002: Message edited by: Doug ]

Set timing at 16 degrees. Install a set of 3.73 gears. I was referring to the Throttle position voltage. Not your battery voltage. It needs to be as close to .99 volts as possible. Finally practice driving. It is going to take a little more to get your car going since it is a convertible. If you decide you want some work done to the car. Give me a call. I am doing work on the side along with the dyno. I am sure a few people on the board can tell you that I know a thing or 2 about these cars. Hope this helps.

Manual cars came standard with a 2.73 gear and 3.08 as an option. Matic cars came with the 3.08 standard and 3.27 as an option. Did u have the 3.27 gears put in? Not many people put in a 3.27 for a manual car unless it makes a ton of power with little rpm like my turbo car. 3.55 is usually the minimum gear to go with. Jack the car up and spin the tire 1 revolution. Count the number of times the driveshaft turns to verify the gear in the rear end. If it is a 3.27, it should spin aprox. 3 and 1/4 times.