nitrous

Berto

if i were to get nitrous on the acorn for shits and giggles if i only ran a 35 shot, would i be able to run it often?(like 2 times a week?)

also since the size of the shot isn't too big could i keep my stock exhaust piping? or would i need to get 2.25inch piping....?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by accorddood:

if i were to get nitrous on the acorn for shits and giggles if i only ran a 35 shot, would i be able to run it often?(like 2 times a week?)

also since the size of the shot isn't too big could i keep my stock exhaust piping? or would i need to get 2.25inch piping....?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless you plan on using at least a 75hp jetting. I would not waste my time. You are not going to feel anything major with a 35hp jetting. A friend of mine has 75hp shot on a prelude and I must say it woke it up. However his car makes 150 at the wheels on the motor allready. If you get it, I can put it on for you.

:D:D

Tommy.....uhhhh....I've never ran no 200 bottle through my motor. That would be a HELL of a lot of nitrous!! Even figuring 3lbs left in the bottle, with my 15lb bottle, that would be 2400lbs of nitrous used. At $4 a lb, that would be close to 10k in nitrous spent. Even on a 150 shot, do you know how much I'd have to spray to go through that much freaking nitrous!!!!! :D

A 35 shot isn't going to give much of a performance kick. And just slapping on a power adder and going (even with the safety stuff) is still a good way to end up with a broken car. Fudged transmissions and clutches, no traction, etc. are all part of the deal.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Tommy.....uhhhh....I've never ran no 200 bottle through my motor. That would be a HELL of a lot of nitrous!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. That'd be like a bottle fill a week for 4 years :D

Anyways, I don't see why you couldn't run a 50shot. I'm sure it would help quite a bit. A bottle will last quite a while I'd think running a 50shot..You shouldnt need any performance upgrades for such a small amount of nitrous. It's not nearly as dangerous as some would lead you to believe.

Guest 1qwikgt
I ran a 100 shot all last year on cast pistons. I think a 50 shot would last while, if your that worried just go to a step or two colder plug. I used about 1lb. of nitrous per pass.