Rear-End

KlubFoot

Ok... I was just looking around on Ebay and happened to come upon this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2441916828&category=33731 Would this be a good buy? Would it be worth it since its still the 8.8"? I would still be getting the 31 Spline axles, 3.73 gears, and 5 lugs, but is it worth it to swap the whole thing? Also, could I swap the brakes for discs before I put it on the car? And how much custom work would need to be done to get this to mate up properly? Thanks!

Flame me for this one, but are the 5.0's posi traction or not?

it's a good way to get a cheap ring&pinion and 31-spline diff. but IMO building yours up with new parts would be much better.

parts would be no more than 800. + labor.

Rear End Build Up:

* Ford 31 Spline Diff. - $190 (Gefracing)

* Moser 31 Spline Axels - $190 (MuscleMotors.com)

* Rear End Rebuild Kit - $115 (StangStore.com)

* (optional) TA Performance Girdle - $159 (http://www.bbandtracing.com)

* Ford Factory 3.73s - $125 (StangStore.com)

might as well do it right.

[ 11. November 2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Teh Joel ]

Originally posted by Teh Joel:

it's a good way to get a cheap ring&pinion and 31-spline diff. but IMO building yours up with new parts would be much better.

parts would be no more than 800. + labor.

Rear End Build Up:

* Ford 31 Spline Diff. - $190 (Gefracing)

* Moser 31 Spline Axels - $190 (MuscleMotors.com)

* Rear End Rebuild Kit - $115 (StangStore.com)

* (optional) TA Performance Girdle - $159 (http://www.bbandtracing.com)Or he could wait until the swap meet Thanksgiving weekend and buy most of it cheaper and do it his self and save a bunch of money.

* Ford Factory 3.73s - $125 (StangStore.com)

might as well do it right.

Originally posted by QWK90GT:

...Or he could wait until the swap meet Thanksgiving weekend and buy most of it cheaper and do it his self and save a bunch of money.

Those are the cheapest places we have yet to find, if you have any sites or stores that sell any of teh above parts cheaper (new) please post them, you could help quite a few people save some money.

you may find some of these parts at the meet cheaper. but finding those parts new there is highly unlikely with the exeption of teh ring and pinion, i've been to the past 2, most of them are overcharging because they know they can with amount of people coming through.