help me i think i have a problem (w/ my car)

Guest boostedtsi

Guest boostedtsi
i have a 95 eagle talon awd tsi. when i get on it in first gear i throw it back in 2nd and the car doesn't want to take off. the rpm's increase but not much "go". is this a clutch problem? or is it really bad turbo lag. it also happens when i'm chilling in 3rd, 4th, and 5th and i give it alot of gas. i noticed this after my friend was driving my car for the day. he probably burned up the clutch. any info?????

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamZman:

I'll 3rd the above and vote on clutch.. Atleast from your description. Time for an ACT clutch. The stock clutch was the first thing to go on my Talon once I turned up the boost :(<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Sam...the first thing to go would have been the motor, lol (not to laugh at your misfortune.......) :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

(not to laugh at your misfortune.......) :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Joe, you're never one to laugh at my misfortunes :mad:tongue.gif.. But actually the clutch did go first. The motor came in a close second ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by International Race Of Champions:

But Sam couldnt you attribute the motor blowing to timing belt and not turbing up the boost? Thats atleast what I thought happened<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're definitely right, Jeff. I may have said that wrong(or maybe you read it wrong ;)), but the timing belt caused the motor to go. And that had nothing to do w/ boost, but that's another LONG story smile.gif But once you start turning up the boost or modding a dsm get ready to stick a new clutch in..