Need advice on getting a "new" car

Guest SilverCavi

Guest SilverCavi
Maybe by the end of summer or next year at the latest I was looking to get a "new" car. I was thinking about getting a 5.0 but just wanted to hear what other people had to say. Just trying to do my homework so I don't invest in the wrong thing.

Guest SilverCavi
I'm going to be keeping the car I have right now (Cavalier) so it's no big deal if I have to work on the engine of the car I'm getting. I've had two cars and they haven't been fast so I want something that will go fast. I'm looking at spending up to 10,000. I either want a car that has basic performance upgrades and is in decent condition or I will buy one that is dirt cheap and just work on it to make it in good condition. I am just starting to look at my options so I am open to any suggestions that are out there right now.

Originally posted by kenny:

You can have mine for way less than $10k. ;) That would leave you enough to pick up a set of AFR heads and spray the shit out of it. :D

Although, I would take $10k just to make you happy... :D

What Kenny is not telling you here but if you causually glance down towards his sig to see is that he drives an El Camino, come on, do you really wana drive one of thoes? tongue.gif Naw, Kennys car is a nice car, I'm just razzin him. It would not be a bad car to pick up and do a few things to.

EDIT: Also check out this discusion in this forum a while back.

New School Domestics Under $5k

[ 11 March 2002, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Mad Jack Bonney The Crazy Pirate ]

If you want to know anything about the cark PM me. I have like 60+ high res pics.

It has massive potential... I'm just tired of it and want to move on to something else.

Ask anyone who's seen it. You won't find a cleaner El Camino. ;)