Where to get LSD installed?

Moe7

I am about to get a factory VLSD for my 240 but i want to find a place (and quote) to get it installed before i actually order one. Anyone know a place that would do it without having to pay an insane amount? Thanks

Morgan

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by bigbabyjesus:

Did you get the driveshaft with the LSD? I do believe the 240's equiped with the V-LSD had a inch or so shorter driveshaft.

doesnt matter, there is enough slack in the drive train to take up the extra .5-.75 of an inch.

Originally posted by bigbabyjesus:

Did you get the driveshaft with the LSD? I do believe the 240's equiped with the V-LSD had a inch or so shorter driveshaft.

the 240s w/VLSD and ABS had a 3/4 inch shorter driveshaft. I am working on getting a VLSD from one without ABS, but supposedly its no big deal. People have been using the longer driveshafts with no problems.

From one site i have bookmarked:

"A problem you may run in to when using either the J30 or 240SX (with ABS) diff is the extra length at the snout of the diff, which houses the ABS sensor. This adds about 3/4 of an inch of length to the diff, but is usually not a problem, as your driveshaft and tranny mounts should have enough play to negate this extra length.

NOTE:

The driveshaft in the ABS equipped 240's is 3/4 of an inch shorter to account for this - You may be able to find and use one of those if you have fitment issues. Many people run J30 diffs with no problems, though...Try it before you buy the ABS driveshaft or have yours shortened - You most likely don’t need to spend the money."

EDIT: i need to quit clicking reply and waiting 10 minutes before hitting send tongue.gif

[ 23 November 2002, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: Morgan ]

Guest Ranger_Man
i have a late 94 j30 diff in my car now. got it from marshall's down in circleville. yes indeedy it fits fine, but a word from the wise: run 80W90 in it. i used the 75W and had that oh so handsome lsd chatter. oh if you won the lotto or anything recently get the nismo 2 way mechanical found on www.jspec.com that diff is one sexy bitch.