New (to me) car

Ambrosia

Originally posted by Ambrosia:

I bought a 94 Dodge shadow, but then you pull out it feels as if the back wheels are grabbing or as if the E-brake is on when I take off. Could this be the brakes? Or the fuel ejector? HELP!!!!

I read this several times, and am still unsure what you mean. Can you describe the problem / issue in a little more detail?

redface.gif Sorry I didn't know I was on the wrong forum I'm a newbie.

I don't know how else to describe it. I don't think is it fuel injection cuz it only graps then you first push the gas, once your moving the car is fine.

:D Thanks hoosier Daddy I'll give that a try.

Guest nevarmore
Originally posted by Ambrosia:

redface.gif Sorry I didn't know I was on the wrong forum I'm a newbie.

I don't know how else to describe it. I don't think is it fuel injection cuz it only graps then you first push the gas, once your moving the car is fine.

:D Thanks hoosier Daddy I'll give that a try.

Check your transmission fluid.

No problem. Good to have you. Just keep asking questions, even if some make stupid replies. There are plenty of people here willing to help you out.

Is your car an auto or manual? If auto, does it make any "clunk" or any noises when you first put it into gear?

Does it do it only when the engine is cold or every time you start from a stop?

Does it do it if you start forward and in reverse?

Does it do it whether or not you used the parking brake immediately prior?

Does it sound like the engine is choking, or is it strong the whole time and pulling against something jerky?

These are the types of things you can think about to try and diagnose the problem and/or get back to us. Good luck!

car has- new wheel bearings and transmsisson has had the filter replaced and new fluid , the parking brake also works properly. the grabbing is probably a bad master cylinder or collapsing brake hose holding pressure on the rear brakes after you let off of them. If you wait till its warm I'll finish fixing it up.

Not sure what you are experiencing. It sounds like a maybe a motor mount. Car seems to rise up in the front under accleration right??

FWD Drive Dodges seem to have that feel to them

But I would check the mount.

Is it a 4 or a 6 cyl BTW???

Reason I ask is the 3.0 liter tends to tear the rubber in the mounts up pretty regular after 70000 miles of so. My Chrysler TC is horrable about that, and the car squats down in the back, or at least it feels that way.

Hope this helps.

To the others and there silly posts. Remember that at one time, you were a noob too. See my sig if you have any questions.