Speedo is off (Skyline GTR R33 VSpec)

nocab72

When I cruise down the freeway @ what reads 50Mph on my speedo, I'm going faster than everyone else, guessing about 72mph.

When I watch the odometer between mile markers it only rolls .7 of a mile.

Motorex's answer is:

"There is conversion box behind the speedo. The conversion box is to convert KM speed to MPH. We use a MPH speedo in your car and we accident put in the conversion box to.

Its just wire spliced behind the dash.

If you remove it. Should be fine."

I'm scared, anyone wana come over, tear my dash apart and start snipping wires that look like they might be connected to this mysterious conversion box surely labeled in japanese!?!

:D

K

Guest Ranger_Man
email those bastards back and bitch. you didnt pay them however many grand to have a car with a screwed up cluster. tell them to fly out their magical japanese conversion man and fix it.

getting behind the cluster probably isn't a big deal. i've had mine out a few times. i can switch a bulb in 5 minutes or less :D i'm pretty sure our dashes are similiar, for mine i just had to remove 4 10mm bolts to drop the column, and about 6 + head screws to get the trim, and cluster out.

http://www.members.aol.com/extheflow/airbag/aablg4.jpg

see it is the same :cool:

Originally posted by Beer Guy:

email those bastards back and bitch. you didnt pay them however many grand to have a car with a screwed up cluster. tell them to fly out their magical japanese conversion man and fix it.

Dream on...they are pretty much assholes. Once you get something through them....see ya. At least that is what I hear and read on boards. If that is true...then that isn't right. Motorex also has a reputation for telling you answers that are what you want to hear and not being honest. Many people will flat out say they have been lied to about delivery times, service capabilities, tech. support, etc.

• 2 weeks later...