Brake Bleeding Tool

Akula

Well after a year of driving the bug around with some really soft brakes I decided to take a look at them. So I drove over to the garage where we keep the race car. The first thing we did was jack up the car and pull the wheels off. After a little inspection the brakes are in pretty good shape, still soft. So we broke out the coolest brake bleeding tool I have ever seen. It is a hand pump vacuum bleeder.

The first wheel bled out some kind of chunky mess (car was built in 1970). After that we pumped all new fluid into the system with the vacuum tool, my brakes work great except I broke a bleeder off. I have a new one, but need some advice about pulling the broken one. Anyone ever do that?

Guest 614Streets

Im sure he is using a mighty Vac.

Anyway , if you broke the brass bleeder into the caliper by turning it to tight , well it wont leak , but to get it out with be a pia. Im sure I could do it , since you have an altered you better be able as well. What I would try is an Extractor. A map gas torch used for expansion may aid your efforts but prepare to do alot of cussing. If all else fails a new caliper for that thing is cheaper than a value meal. Or buy me a value meal and I'll get it out. hahaha

We got the vacuum bleeder at Napa or somewhere ($30 I think). I can get the broken bleeder screw out with an easy-out, I was just wondering if someone knew of some awesome penetrating oil or something. I think the screw is in cock-eyed, which means tapping and Heli-coiling the hole.

If it was disc brakes I would have put a new caliper on it and worked on it later, DRUMS, that is right ladies and gentlemen, OLD CAR.