quick speaker question

VDUB

Originally posted by Franky Four Fingers:

what the hell does that mean?! :mad::( it's not in a car speaker, it's from the powered sub i have in my home theater.

'Home' subs have voice coils also. From what you've described, it sounds like ya blew it. If you have access to another speaker, plug it in to the same connection and see if it has a similar noise.

I blew two different Cerwin Vega 12's and the estimate to repair them was damn near as much as new ones.

Originally posted by NurkVinny:

'Home' subs have voice coils also. From what you've described, it sounds like ya blew it. If you have access to another speaker, plug it in to the same connection and see if it has a similar noise.

I blew two different Cerwin Vega 12's and the estimate to repair them was damn near as much as new ones.

+1 switch speakers if you can. if you can't dont waste your money fixing it, buy a new one

the weird thing is that the day before, it was working fine. i came home from school and turned it on, and it started buzzing whenever it hit. i had pretty much never turned it all the way up, and it definately wasn't playing loud when i turned it on and it started doin this. i'll take picters of my set up and record the sound when i get home and maybe you guys can give me some idea's. thanks. -jp