96 ford probe, losing power

Guest sandman

Guest sandman

I have a 96 ford probe and it losing power on the freeway. As soon as I get up 65 - 70 mph it jump from 4000 rpm to 3000 rpm and just jump back and forth. I think It might something to do with the fuel system.

Has anyone had the same problem?

I'm open to hear any ideas to fix this problem.

Guest 614Streets

If it has the Mazda 2.5 V6 engine then it could be the fuel system. Try changing the filter and run some Sunoco or Citgo race gasoline to clean the injectors up. The race gas really helps out the 2.5 fuel system which commonly becomes saturated with crank case ventilation entering the intake plenium.

On the 2.5 the Distributor is known to wear out.

Ive delt with the 2.5 v6 before and its a finicky engine at best. Hope you can get it fixed cheaply , the Mazda parts are pretty expensive.

Originally posted by Mensan:

Try a little (LITTLE) bit of kerosene next fill up. Thats all that injector cleaner is, and you can buy it cheaper than that crap in the expensive bottle. I agree with the fuel filter though.

Eli

I've got a friend (yeah, he's an idiot, but a crazy sun of a bitch that would kill someone for me if need be) that acidentally put alot (4 gallons) of kerosene in his car on an empty tank. :eek:

Originally posted by The Strawberry Shortcake:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mensan:

Try a little (LITTLE) bit of kerosene next fill up. Thats all that injector cleaner is, and you can buy it cheaper than that crap in the expensive bottle. I agree with the fuel filter though.

Eli

I've got a friend (yeah, he's an idiot, but a crazy sun of a bitch that would kill someone for me if need be) that acidentally put alot (4 gallons) of kerosene in his car on an empty tank. :eek: </font>He's only a crazy SOB if he tried to start it afterwards...would it even have started with straight kerosene... :confused: probably not...lol

k

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Jasons TSi:

after you add all that crap to the fuel, or run straight race gas, be prepared to buy a new o2 sensor.

Add what? Fuel injector cleaner? I've never heard of anyone having any problems. Don't know what you're talking about.