Fiberglass work

Casper

Does anyone know of a place that will make fiberglass replica body panels? I'm looking into having fiberglass fenders made for the MGA. I have the original steel fenders, so making a mold wouldn't be a problem. Any insight would be great.

You might talk to a boat shop if you have the steel fenders, Or you might even consider building up a mold yourself. It's not overly difficult to make a mold, basically you just use Plaster of Paris, and build a form deep enough. There is alot of info and howto's on the web for doing this. If you want to be really different, you could build carbon fiber fenders, Basically you just use carbon colth instead of fiberglass and use a clear resin ir you what the carbon fiber look.

Originally posted by copperhead:

I already told you that I know a guy. And in fact, I might be in his area today, so I'll try and stop by his shop to talk to him.

Damn, alittle snappy today? ;)

I really appreciate it dude. I've thought about doing it myself. But, like damn near everything else I do, I'm sure I'd screw it up.

I talked to the guy, he wants me to bring the fenders down for him to look at, but he's guessing around $800/each.

This guy does glasse on the side as a hobby, he owns a construction business. This means, that it will take time to get this done, but he puts effort and care into what he does. If you have any doubts, I can show you the drag bike he has sitting in the front of his building.

What I'm thinking is, lets see what everything else is going to cost, and depending on how far under budget we are, you may be able to get one of the fenders replaced now, and the other one after the grassroots competition.