integra help

Guest nixon

Whenever im in neutral and just sitting there idling my car will rev normal then drop then come back then drop like it wants to die but it wont. I don't think its the battery because the battery only is with starting the car right? help...

Since you said this happens when you are in neutral I am assuming this is an automatic. If it doesn't do it in drive (assuming automatic) then you have a vacuum leak (the vacuum system changes when yhou put it in gear). If it is running like this in neutral and it is a stick I would still look for vacuum, or ignition parts, distributor, rotor, wires etc...

manual im just saying out of gear sitting there. I'm not sure if it does the rev dropping but I've had problems starting it i just put a new battery in and i have the weirdest way i have to start the car now....Ok in order to start my integra. It's manual. I have to regular try to start the car but the engine and starter just clicks. After that first attempt (if radio is on) i turn the radio off and try to start the engine and it will work. Or opposite right after i first attempt to start the engine i will have to turn to radio on then try to start the car and the engine works :rolleyes: . Whats wrong!? :confused: you must go through this or car wont start

my horn doesnt work, my car starts weird, my window jiggles when i shut it with the window down, i need new head lamps, i had rims stolen and need new rims, my leather seat cut ripped some how, there a maintnence light in my dash, a brake light, a battery light untill i start it, i dont think my cruise control works, im totally out of every fluid in my engine, theres a small chip in my windshield from a stone and im going to have bad dreams because of that stupid subliminal message web site lol.

[ 24 December 2002, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: nixon ]

Originally posted by nixon:

my horn doesnt work, my car starts weird, my window jiggles when i shut it with the window down, i need new head lamps, i had rims stolen and need new rims, my leather seat cut ripped some how, there a maintnence light in my dash, a brake light, a battery light untill i start it, i dont think my cruise control works, im totally out of every fluid in my engine, theres a small chip in my windshield from a stone and im going to have bad dreams because of that stupid subliminal message web site lol.

Sell it an buy American!!! smile.gif:D

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by Buck531:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by nixon:

Sell it an buy American!!! smile.gif:D </font>sell american buy nissan! ;)

Whenever im in neutral and just sitting there idling my car will rev normal then drop then come back then drop like it wants to die but it wont. I don't think its the battery because the battery only is with starting the car right? help...

It could be any number of things. Could be bad plugs, bad fuel injector/s, bad gas, bad idle control solenoid, air in cooling system (bit of a stretch), bad TW sensor etc. etc.

So what is your complaint with the car starting? That is a bit confusing to read....Does the engine turn over? Can you hear the starter working? Do your dash lights come on? :confused:

my starter just clicks but i get it to work once in a while will turn over. Where's my starter? So i can give it a good hit so if its going bad it wont get stuck anymore. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p0d24f0cc5e2b6ca6ffd6aebbb96af514/fce5102e.jpg where on my engine?

my starter just clicks but i get it to work once in a while will turn over. Where's my starter? So i can give it a good hit so if its going bad it wont get stuck anymore. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p0d24f0cc5e2b6ca6ffd6aebbb96af514/fce5102e.jpg where on my engine?

Duurrrrr. Um, somewhere underneath all of that crap. Seriously though. Probably straight underneath your intake mani in the back on the bottom side of the engine. If you don't know where your starter (not just know where it's at on your car, they all look the same and shouldn't be hard to find on most any engine) is you should go pick up a Chiltions (or something similar) from an auto parts store, or go to a library and look at one.

Clicking eh? Is it coming from your ecu? Never heard of starters clicking when they go bad (but I suppose the engagement soleniod could go bad and make some weird noises). Sounds like your battery might be dying on ya. Go to Autozone or something to that effect and tell them you think your battery is going bad and they will take this big rolley thing out to your car and test it for you. I'm assuming it's just recently done this and it's geting worse. My car did the same thing, one cell just started to go bad and it got harder and harder to start.

People are correct in saying your geting too much air at idel from something being wrong. My car just started doing the same thing and around the DSM community it's commonly called idel surge. The recomended steps for us is cleaning the TB (to much gunk on TB plate can cause it to slightly stick open). Checking our BIS (base idel set) screw. Checking something on the TB that lets warm more air through till the engine is warmed up (to let the engine idel higher when cold and warm up quicker, if it gets stuck open it will make the car idel high when it's not supposed to). And finally the dreaded ISC (idel step controler), cuse it cost the most. I woudn't think it'd be a vacume leak from a vacume line cuse this would cause other problems (with whatever the line was connected to) and would probably just cause the car to run like shit (becuase it wouldn't pull enough vacume at idel) and idel low, not high. Can someone back me up on this?

I'd also go post on a good Honda board before tearing anything up. I know there is one damnit! (I've heard good stuff about hondatech or something liek that). :confused:

EDIT: Kick bad... I've heard taping it with a hammer or a big rench can do the trick (well, temproarly).

[ 24 December 2002, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: The Strawberry Shortcake ]

The starter is almost directly beneath the distributor, it is a little more towards the rear of the car.

I cannot begin to help on diagnosing the problem based on the information you've provided. If you could answer the questions I've asked maybe I can help.

Originally posted by Ranger_Man:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Buck531:

Sell it an buy American!!! smile.gif:D </font>sell american buy nissan! ;) </font>agreed ;):D and ranger man whens the sr20 getting droped into the 240? mine will be in no if ands or buts in 8 months.

Originally posted by Buck531:

Sell it an buy American!!! smile.gif:D </font>Nice, but seriously, by american. Its the only way to fly!!!! :D