tire recommendations...

recklessOP

blew a tire on the mustang, and the remaining three are pretty much gone, so it's time for a new set...

looking to get something in the stock size, 245/45/17. this is my daily driver, so i want a good wet weather / all season tire. looking for something that will last a good long while too, and i don't want to spend an arm and a leg...

right now i'm looking at BFG g-Force KDWS tires. they're rated to a decent speed, good for wet weather and light snow, and the tread wear rating on them is 400 so they should last a while. doesn't hurt that they're "only" $127 a piece from discount tire direct, along with free shipping...

any other suggestions? i want a decent speed rating, a high tread wear rating, and a comparable price. if you know of anywhere to get them cheaper, please let me know...

thanks in advance... smile.gif

Originally posted by Gas,Grass,or Ass:

I use the regular old radial TA's decent price hook ok. good in rain and snow

do they even make those in a low profile, 17 inch size..? remember, i need a 26 inch tire for a 17 x 8 inch rim...

what's the speed rating on them anyways? i'm looking for something with a "high" speed rating... ;)

the KDWs sound great, if a bit pricey. i was also considering the nittos. how well do they wear though..?

wish i wasn't broke. i might just give in and buy some used tires in the meantime. decisions, decisions... redface.gif

no mark, i can't even decide on a tire, let alone a project car... tongue.gif

Originally posted by Rotary Mustang:

do they even make those in a low profile, 17 inch size..? remember, i need a 26 inch tire for a 17 x 8 inch rim...

what's the speed rating on them anyways? i'm looking for something with a "high" speed rating... ;)

the continuos rating on them is like 115 I've had TA's to 150plus for short periods of time without trouble.

ta's only go to 16" sizes you have to go with the g-force tire to get your size

nitto's suck IMO way too hard they used to have the 555R's with 50 treadwear....those were badass.

do a search there have been many topics discussing this.

remember the reason internet places can make good prices like that is because they don't install ur tires, if u can get someone to do it cheap then good but i know most places rip you.

Originally posted by RX7dood:

remember the reason internet places can make good prices like that is because they don't install ur tires, if u can get someone to do it cheap then good but i know most places rip you.

i've got a friend that'll put them on...

not really looking for ultimate traction, just something decent that will last a while... ;)