Tires: M&H Racemasters

OneRunnin72SST

I am looking into useing the M&H Racemaster DOT drag tires. Are these like a slick you can run on the street? Are these tires any good on the street or the strip (what kind of traction?). I guess I am just asking if anyone has any experience with these things.

~Erik

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread

It looks just like an ET Street to me. I don't know anyone with personal experience, but I wouldn't plan on driving on these tires much.. Just like QuickTimes or ETs you won't wanna get stuck in the rain, and they will be bald very quick.

Originally posted by OneRunnin72SST:

I am looking into useing the M&H Racemaster DOT drag tires. Are these like a slick you can run on the street? Are these tires any good on the street or the strip (what kind of traction?). I guess I am just asking if anyone has any experience with these things.

~Erik

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread

An olf school tire. I'd look to something like the Nitto Drag Radial, BFG Drag Darial, or the new MT Drag radial

Originally posted by Jackson:

An olf school tire. I'd look to something like the Nitto Drag Radial, BFG Drag Darial, or the new MT Drag radial

What he said, but if you really need the soft sidewall M/T E.T. streets worked better than Hoosier slicks for me.

I've seen old muscle cars running in the low 10's high 9's with radial tires. bias ply tires are kind of weird to drive on. I run a radial drag tire with pretty goood succes 1.6-1.8 short times and decent street traction too. something to think about if you are planning on doing much driving at all

Originally posted by jallen100:

M&H sucks. We used to run em back in the day and they suck. Get the Hoosier tire. We had a 9 sec nova that we raced in NSCA Easy Street and that is what we used.

Are you talking about the hoosier quick time pro drag DOT tire? and do those need a tube?

~Erik

My ET Streets aren't bad on the street, but don't try taking corners on them.....it gets VERY shakey out back. I run rims screws and no tubes, 26x11.5x16. Normally they are only on the street for the drive to and from the track; they don't make a good street tire.

Bird Of a Different Motor (69 Firebird) runs 27" Hoosier QTP's, and drives them on the street all the time, but he doesn't put a lot of miles on his gas guzzler either.

For normal every day street "drag tire" I'd suggest a Nitto DR. They have a good amount of life on the street. BFG DR's hook better, but won't last nearly as long as the Nitto. Haven't seen the MT DR yet, but I'm definately interested in seeing what it has to offer.