Machine Shop for 2.3l Ford

T Rex

Welp, gotta send the block out to get bored and have the crank knife edged.

I know I shouldn't ask but I haven't done much research on how expensive it is to get the crank done, anybody have a clue?

Ive heard M and M does a good job but Ive also heard that they are expensive.

Thanks in Advance.

Originally posted by The TRex:

I know I shouldn't ask but I haven't done much research on how expensive it is to get the crank done, anybody have a clue?

to get a crank knife edged? probably A LOT... tongue.gif

getting the crankshaft journals ground and polished isn't too terribly expensive if i recall. you might check with a dedicated crank shop. i assume you're getting the block and crank cleaned/magnafluxed too...

you planning on any other machine work?

machine work is expensive regardless, so pay the extra cash and go somewhere you can trust...

Mike at M&M rocks. They arent THAT expensive and they do awesome work. Besides, why would you want to value shop with something as important as machine work?

Originally posted by rl:

Mike at M&M rocks. They arent THAT expensive and they do awesome work. Besides, why would you want to value shop with something as important as machine work?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I know that is a little differant than what you asked but have you checked with esslinger 2.3's are all they deal with and sell all that you need to make more hp than an ls1 or what not

also I don't know what you are building but do u have a 2.3to a c-4 bellhouseing

• 2 weeks later...

RL whats the number up to M&M?

Buckeye, Esslinger parts are VERY nice, but Im looking to build this engine. Someday I will own one of their aluminum heads. I will be using a T5 transmission so a c4 conversion wont be needed.

Originally posted by The TRex:

RL whats the number up to M&M?

Buckeye, Esslinger parts are VERY nice, but Im looking to build this engine. Someday I will own one of their aluminum heads. I will be using a T5 transmission so a c4 conversion wont be needed.

740-369-6442

Ask for mike.

I have a friend with a turbo 4 from a merkur (same engine, just more of a 'stand alone' style harness and computer), harness computer and all, He'd probably sell it pretty cheap if you needed another motor.

Rob