TURBO GUYS! NEED HKS EVC HELP ASAP!

excell

Help! We're trying to set up an HKS EVC (Electronic Valve Controller) and the instructions are horrible! Please help me set this thing up:

Mode A:

15psi boost (100kPa)

16.5psi Warning level (110kPa)

Mode B:

20psi boost (136 kPa)

22psi Warning level (150 Kpa)

We've spent an hour on this thing already and cannot figure out the correct way to program it. I actually think the instructions were translated wrong.

Please HELP! :(

Damn, I just typed up a nice long reply for setting up the EVC 4, which is definitly different then the new 5. Oh well.

I am sure you still have to do the self learn though. If you didn't do that right, you need to reset the EVC, and run the self learn again to get it to work the best.

My EVC reads in Bar, not KPa, but I am pretty sure the EVC 5 lets you choose between the two (they only differ by 2 decimal points). Just fyi:

1 bar = 14.50 psi, and

101.32 Kpa = 14.696 psi = 1 atm (atmosphere)

So 15 psi = 1.03 bar or 103.4 KPa

And 20 psi = 1.38 bar or 138.0 Kpa

It doesn’t make much of a difference if you are off by just a bit, but just so you don’t wonder why the gauge numbers might not match up exactly with the EVC numbers after you get it working.

If you guys still are having problems with it, let me know, and I should be able to help you out, it's just a matter of when. It would be easier to get it straightened out first hand anyway rather then try and trouble shoot over the web.