stupid @#$% balljoint

Guest FBody Addict

Guest FBody Addict
I got the old balljoint out of my 86 T/A and the new one just doesnt seem to want to go home. should i file the hole big enough for a snug fit orgive up and pay $100 dollars for a balljoint press or pay 500 for a tow truck to take it up to lake erie and say goodbye cause im too damn stubborn to pay someone else to do it

Guest FBody Addict

if i may quote myself

Originally posted by wickedpyroclown:

im too damn stubborn to pay someone else to do it

also along with being stubborn im broke. im doing it myself, no one works on my car but me

Guest White Horse
Originally posted by zeitgeist57:

*I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROPERTY/PHYSICAL DAMAGE FOR THE FOLLOWING SUGGESTION*....

Heat up the Control arm with a torch for a couple of minutes and then press the balljoint in while it's still hot.

+1 and generous use of the 'ol brass hammer...

I would try the torch and if it didn't work I would hit AZ. Much cheaper than any shop. graemlins/thumb.gif

This may sound stupid... but are you sure that you got the right part. I have worked on several vehicles that the pivot pin had several sizes that it could be. Alot of the auto zone guys will hand you the fisrt part number they come to. This may be the case. You said it was a GTA right, those had an upgraded front suspension from factory and yo might have the wrong part, also you need to remember that chevy will rob peter to pay paul. If they were running GTA's that day and ran out of spindles, beleve me that you might have got stock spindles on that car even thought the car is SUPPOSE to have the upgraded spindles.